PDA

View Full Version : Add Flow to 24G nano options ??

Antman
03/06/2012, 11:27 AM
Hello all I want to add some flow (wavemaker) to my 24G nano
I will use it with a the natural wave pump timer power strip (since I already own one)
I want gentle flow now a huge blast when it turns on ( i will use the long setting so it will come on for 3 mins than shut off for 9 since I will only use one not 3 )
I want a small unit since its a nano
My 3 choices are
1) JBJ OceanStream™ Aquarium Circulation Pump 500 gph $30
2) Hydor Koralia Nano 240 $30 240 gph
3) Turbelle® nanostream® 6015 $40 476 gph

I mainly keep soft corals mushrooms / zooaz/ gsp

Thanks for your thoughs

kieffer_5
03/06/2012, 11:46 AM
I would go with the turbelle they are nice pumps and I don't think the others are controllable. Make sure that all of them are controllable because sometimes they start shooting water backwards an some are really load when turning on and off

Antman
03/06/2012, 12:12 PM
JBJ launches the new OCEANSTREAM™ circulation pumps equipped with magnetic holders and articulating pivot ball. These innovative pumps utilize a unique PaddleDisc™ impeller that diverts water to the perimeter of the housing unlike traditonal propeller based pumps. This ensures maximum “random flow” in wide circular currents that provide gentle water movement without harming corals placed directly within its path.

VERSATILITY
You can choose from our NANO OCEANSTREAM (500 GPH)) for smaller aquariums or our original OCEANSTREAM (1600 GPH) for aquariums up to 100 gallons. Pumps are ideal for fresh or saltwater aquariums.

WAVEMAKER COMPATIBLE
OCEANSTREAM circulation pumps are definitely compatible with our OceanPulse Wavemakers that allow you to configure alternating cycles from 10 seconds to 6 minutes.

Antman
03/06/2012, 12:12 PM
The new and improved Koralia Nanos now come in 2 models, 240 gph and 425 gph, but remain super compact and efficient. The magnet suction support and sphere joint have been strengthend and modified allowing better flow direction. Both models can be safely run on a timer. Just choose which model is best suited for your aquarium and watch your creatures benefit from the flow of this super efficient little powerhead.

Antman
03/06/2012, 12:16 PM
Turbelle® nanostream® is the expression of an idea and a concept: a small ball, placeable in every aquarium or tank, 3D adjustable, compact and uncomplicated. This small revolution of only 70 mm (2.7 in.) in diameter combines aesthetics and function, producing a new way of thinking.
Only the larger more $$ Tunze say they are controlable

troyman
03/06/2012, 06:41 PM
one hydor 240 is not enough 2 might do it better going with 2 smaller ones than one large one

Antman
03/07/2012, 08:42 AM
From Tunze
The pump would chatter on every start and the propeller will likely break after a few months. Wavemakers will damage these pumps and void the warranty, the minimum time between off and on cycles should be 15 minutes and the longer the better

Guess I either TRY the JBJ since I hear the Koralia have problems with going in reverse OR I spend alot more $$ and get somethingelse