PDA

View Full Version : Starry Blenny Hosting Anemone?

Gio67
03/06/2012, 07:16 PM
Okay, this is very odd but I have found my Starry Blenny hanging out with my long tentacle anemone fairly regularly. Last night I discovered him sleeping under the tentacles and I took a video of it. Am I allowed to post the URL to my YouTube video on here without getting in trouble?

JMartin104
03/06/2012, 07:27 PM
Yes, you can post the video. I'm not sure about a nem, but my Starry hangs out in my neon leather. It's too funny. He looks like he's sitting on his throne for a showing of MTV Cribs.

Collinrb
03/06/2012, 07:28 PM
my starry hangs out on the gsp.

Gio67
03/06/2012, 07:38 PM
Click HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqqJ5Dc2S1Q) to see the video. I have posted several other videos of my Reef Tank Progress on my channel as well. I was going to remove the Blenny due to his agression, but he seems to have calmed down and is getting along with my two Black Clowns and Coral Beauty now.

ah_notty
03/06/2012, 08:17 PM
I have a sterry blenny and a RBTA and he hangs out under his tentacles just like that all the time :)

bnumair
03/06/2012, 08:21 PM
thats just amazing.

scotties82
03/06/2012, 08:34 PM
my starry blenny always hangs out on my polyps. i have a rose bubble tip but the clowns protect that so dont know if he would go for it.

Gio67
03/06/2012, 08:47 PM
I have two Black Clowns that were introduced one month ago with the Anemone - however, since they entered the tank they have stayed against the back wall of the tank and shown no interest in hosting the anemone - I have tried to get them to move into the anemone by slowing urging them to move in that direction by putting the catch net in the tank and "shooing" them around the tank toward the anemone - but to no avail :( They just return to the back wall of the tank. And now the Blenny is hanging out under the tentacles - who would have thought that!?!? So interesting.

Anyone have advice on how to get the Clowns to host? They were tank raised so not sure if it will ever happen...

Sugar Magnolia
03/06/2012, 09:13 PM
I have two Black Clowns that were introduced one month ago with the Anemone - however, since they entered the tank they have stayed against the back wall of the tank and shown no interest in hosting the anemone - I have tried to get them to move into the anemone by slowing urging them to move in that direction by putting the catch net in the tank and "shooing" them around the tank toward the anemone - but to no avail :( They just return to the back wall of the tank. And now the Blenny is hanging out under the tentacles - who would have thought that!?!? So interesting.

Anyone have advice on how to get the Clowns to host? They were tank raised so not sure if it will ever happen...

Don't stress your clowns by trying to force them towards the nem. They will either accept it or they wont. If the nem is not the natural host in the wild, the clowns may never accept it. More info... http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume_3/cav3i1/Clown_anemone/Clown_anemone.htm

For future reference, the anemone is the host. Not the fish.

As to the blenny, blennies are odd fish. They do crazy things for no apparent reason. Part of their charm. Good thing your nem isn't a carpet. The blenny would make a nice meal for a carpet nem.

Gio67
03/06/2012, 09:53 PM
Sugar - Thank you for the input and link. They are "Black Ocellaris" or the clarkii breed and they are compatible with the Long Tentacle Anemone which is what I have in the tank. I realize that since they are tank raised, they may never go to the anemone. However, I would like them to get off the back wall of the tank and find somewhere else to hang - they just seem to constantly be swimming up and down the wall in the back which seems SAD to me for them.

Tiffanyxoxo
03/06/2012, 09:54 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwv<3