PDA

View Full Version : reffugium recommendations for 75 gal

captainsmitty
03/06/2012, 09:44 PM
Ahoy there one and all. I have purchased a tru-view 75 gal tank. I am going to be setting it up as a reef and am going to put in a refugium. i am looking for feedback on types and models available. This is my first using this and want to make sure I go down the right path. After being in the hobby for over 40 years i have decided to take the plunge into a larger tank. I have only had up to 30 gal tanks and am excited in building a new system with auto controls. Who would have thunk that it could be so automated!
Thanks for the feedback!
Whist me luck!
Captain Smitty
:fish1:

GrampaDon
03/06/2012, 10:27 PM
If your 30g are the 30long kind use that as a sump ,put in dividers for algae and call it a day:beer:

captainsmitty
03/06/2012, 11:50 PM
My 30 is one of the most stable tanks I have ever had. It's been up for going on 4 years now. I don't want to change any of it other than start harvesting coral out of it sence it is overgrown! I have a clam that I got when the tank was set up and it was about 2 inches long and now it is over 5. I am willing to look at ready made as well as custom designs for the refugium. So will continue to search.