PDA

View Full Version : overstocked? input please

agreeive?fish
03/07/2012, 07:05 PM
ok i temporarily combined 2 tanks into one due house remodel

BUT

i like the looks of the tank and color combination of fish so the question is am i overstocked?can i leave the tank the way it is ? so far a week of no issues (i know a week is nothing)

tank 7 x 2 x 2 fowlr

live stock
flame angel
venustus angel (purple masked)
coral beauty angel
false personifer angel
blue belly regal angel(15+ months and counting)
blonde naso tang (male)
purple tang
yellow tang
convict tang
hippo tang
fox face
black hawaiian trigger
dogface puffer
green bird wrasse
gs maroon clowns (pair)
blue damsel
royal gramma
mollies(#?)

bnumair
03/07/2012, 07:15 PM
in my experience all those angels and tangs are just a disaster waiting to happen. angles are hard to keep so many in 1 tank. they will eventually kill eachother. and so goes for tangs too.

sporto0
03/07/2012, 07:29 PM
Wow, nice combo sir. I would keep an eye on my ammonia level, Angels will get cloudy eyes in a hurry under duress & ammonia burn, hopefully your biological filtration will catch up quickly to the new load upon it, but I think you know the answer to your question, it's a bit overstocked but doable with more frequent water changes.

hotdogg
03/07/2012, 07:38 PM
Oh my...I have never been able to keep two large angels in the same tank that we're the same size...good luck, but angels are territorial, and they can really get big

agreeive?fish
03/07/2012, 08:14 PM
hopefully your biological filtration will catch up quickly to the new load upon it,

well there really shouldn't be anything to catch upon in theory because i combined 2 established tanks..including ALL of the live rock but i will closely watch water quality. i used to do 50g per week on each tank but since the combo i have done 50g 2x a week but its only been a week and done the second water change today.the sump on this tank is 75g of useable water volume

agreeive?fish
03/07/2012, 08:18 PM
Oh my...I have never been able to keep two large angels in the same tank that we're the same size...good luck, but angels are territorial, and they can really get big

there are several respected members on this forum who have done so, not saying i can because they did as each fish and setup is different but the false personifer angel and regal angel have been together for approx 9 months

sporto0
03/07/2012, 08:44 PM
I don't know about respected member, but I have a Emperator, Majestic, Blueface, Queen, Personifer, Goldflake, Scribbled & Passer Angels along with some dwarfs & a few tangs to boot in the same tank, 250g. Look at my avatar, there's the Emp, Scribbled, Queen & Majestic.

agreeive?fish
03/08/2012, 06:36 PM
thanks for the replys

anybody else care to coment

agreeive?fish
03/08/2012, 06:37 PM
thanks for the replys

anybody else care to coment