PDA

View Full Version : My welso brain detached from its skeleton,not sure what to do

Gilby
03/07/2012, 07:45 PM
I know it's not a good thing and I'm not sure why this happened but my welso brain detached from its skeleton and is now just sitting in the sand bed at the back of my tank. Is there any chance that it could reattach somewhere or will it just slowly wilt away. Should I go ahead and take it out? It still looks normal...not shriveled or anything.

stevedola
03/07/2012, 08:03 PM
Its a goner...it could last a couple days even a couple weeks but they never regrow their skeleton (from what I know) and eventually die.

sorry

Gilby
03/07/2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah,that's what I figured. Well dang it.

csmfish
03/07/2012, 10:36 PM
If it looks good, I would grab a 10g, heater and air pump and take it and put it in the 10 gallon with fresh salt water. I would place it on top of its skeleton, turn on the air pump just enough not to disturb it, place it in the sun and see what happens. Worst case scenario it croaks but maybe it will get happy and reattach? Nothing to lose and a brain to gain! Corals that need light go ape over natural sun. Ask my twice stung to hell nothing but a calcium stalagmite duncan thats back..................again!