PDA

View Full Version : LED color ratio question

joelbegt
03/07/2012, 08:18 PM
I am looking to build an led fixture for a 96"lx30"wx26"h sps tank but wanted to do a small build first to find a good 20k Radium color ratio before I purchase all of the leds I will need. I would rather find a good ratio and not have dimmable drivers. My thoughts are as follows:

3NW XP-G
3CW XP-G
4RB XT-E
2B XP-E
1DR 660nm

All around 700ma. Whites on one driver everything else on another once I do the full build. Im hoping this will give a good full spectrum that isn't washed out or lacking warmer colors. Anyone want to share a good 20k radium looking ratio that isn't washed out in certain colors?

I am inspired by a few builds on here and will more than likely have each 24"x30" section lit by 2 or 3 spaced out small pendants like the build below:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761942

Except I want 2-3 tight grouped led pendants angled from front to back on each section instead of lengthwise for a total of 8-12 pendants 2.5-4ft above the tank.

der_wille_zur_macht
03/08/2012, 07:58 AM
At first glance, you're gonna need more royal blue if you're aiming for a classic Radium look. Especially with a 660nm running at 700mA - that's gonna be a killer. The tank will look pink unless you overpower that red LED.

In fact, I'd probably think about adding more royal blues AND dropping the red down to a very low current, maybe 200 - 300 mA.