PDA

View Full Version : Why No AI SOL LED? or Ecoxotic 18” Panorama?

calistyle
03/08/2012, 12:02 PM
I'm a Nano tank (34g Solana) owner and in the market for LED lighting. You have the EcoTech Marine Radion, which is too much $$ for my taste, and the JBJ which is lacking in features.

If you can give me 20% off the Radion I'd be interested, otherwise can you please get more options for LED lighting like the AI series or updated Ecoxotic 18” Panorama?

I've pretty much built my entire setup from you guys (aside from tank and media basket) and enjoy the awesome shipping (local). I don't have to own lights now, but definitely a purchase I'm looking to do soon.

MarineDepot
03/08/2012, 01:29 PM
I'm a Nano tank (34g Solana) owner and in the market for LED lighting. You have the EcoTech Marine Radion, which is too much $$ for my taste, and the JBJ which is lacking in features.

If you can give me 20% off the Radion I'd be interested, otherwise can you please get more options for LED lighting like the AI series or updated Ecoxotic 18” Panorama?

I've pretty much built my entire setup from you guys (aside from tank and media basket) and enjoy the awesome shipping (local). I don't have to own lights now, but definitely a purchase I'm looking to do soon.

Hey, calistyle. We're not sure where you are in CA, but if you're anywhere near Garden Grove, we offer Will Call (http://www.marinedepot.com/Marine_Depot_Will_Call-ap.html) service if you'd like to save even more (no shipping fees).

Unfortunately, EcoTech Marine has MAP pricing, so we are not allowed to discount their products. We wish we could, but it's beyond our control. That's why every online store offers Radions for the same price.

The 18" Ecoxotic Panoramas will arrive here next week, although we're not sure of the precise date. It could be early in the week; it may not be until Friday. But they are on order and will arrive here shortly.

We looked into bringing the AI SOL LED aboard, but decided not to for the time being.

Thank you very much for your loyalty! We really appreciate you giving us the first shot at your business.

We are constantly in search of more quality LED lights we can bring aboard, but we have to be very wary about what we bring into inventory. We are solicited a lot and actually test a lot of stuff internally. The problem is many of the lights are either sub-par or the manufacturer is not reliable (i.e. no customer support or warranty, cannot meet supply/demand, etc.).

We only want to work with reputable companies so if a problem ever arises, we know they'll have your back (and ours as well).

calistyle
03/08/2012, 04:02 PM
I live in Simi Valley and get my stuff the following day (if I order before 3pm). Which is awesome. Being i'm in no real hurry, I'll consider the 18" Ecoxotic Panoramas, but on the Solana owners thread the AI SOL's seem very popular...

It's too bad about Radions being so exspensive, The AI Vega release will hopefully bring down their price.

Thanks for your reply, gotta finish this ATO order before 3 so I get it tomorrow!

calistyle
05/01/2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks! I decided to go with the 18" Ecoxotic Panorama , ordered this AM, will arrive tomorrow.

NOCALTAX included!

MarineDepot
05/01/2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks! I decided to go with the 18" Ecoxotic Panorama , ordered this AM, will arrive tomorrow.

NOCALTAX included!

Nice! You won't be disappointed. Did you happen to catch the video we posted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zY4l6M5ftM) last week of the 18" Panorama Pro? It really demonstrates how much thought Ecoxotic put into this light and how well it adapts to your ever-changing needs as an aquarium hobbyist. If you happen to show off the light here on RC, please drop back buy and post a link to the thread so we can see how things are working out for you. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know!

calistyle
05/21/2012, 11:07 AM
This fixture and lights look amazing. I used the tank mount, which is nice, but keeps the fixture very low. While the look is nice, I did turn down the levels to about 60% for now.

FTS:
http://i.imgur.com/5lXgj.jpg

STS:
http://i.imgur.com/UV8sb.jpg

Very happy with my purchase.

MarineDepot
05/21/2012, 11:11 AM
This fixture and lights look amazing. I used the tank mount, which is nice, but keeps the fixture very low. While the look is nice, I did turn down the levels to about 60% for now.

Very happy with my purchase.

What a clean look! Your tank setup looks good inside and out. Any difference in water evaporation? How are your corals liking the new light?

calistyle
05/22/2012, 03:20 PM
Water evaporation was slightly decreased with these new lights compared to my T5 lighting (open top), but not by any wide range. With these lights and the glass top on the evaporation was extremely low.

My corals are all fine, the most noticable improvement was my mushroom (bottom center of side tank shot pic). Within days the mushroom opened up alot more.

My kryptonite candy cane has really started to open up as well.

I might move my purple torch from the top to mid level, it seems fine, but maybe losing a little color.

lil_man72
05/22/2012, 07:02 PM
very nice tank and led light.
i have 2 of the jbj unibodys and plan on getting a couple lights for my 150g.

MarineDepot
05/23/2012, 11:23 AM
very nice tank and led light.
i have 2 of the jbj unibodys and plan on getting a couple lights for my 150g.

Let's see a photo of those JBJ Unibody lights (http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_Unibody_Dimmable_54_Watt_6500K_20000K_LED_Fixture_Flexible_Mount_LED_Light_Fixtures_for_Aquarium s-JBJ_Lighting-JB007720-FILTFILDFX-vi.html) in action! Which lights are you considering for your 150?

cutegecko3
05/29/2012, 05:56 AM
I like the little Hydra Aquatics Retrina LED I bought from you guys. It really lights my 7.5 gallon Mr. Aqua nicely.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj32/cutegecko3/002-10.jpg

Do you guys ever plan on testing the par value on these lights?

MarineDepot
05/29/2012, 08:53 AM
I like the little Hydra Aquatics Retrina LED I bought from you guys. It really lights my 7.5 gallon Mr. Aqua nicely.

Do you guys ever plan on testing the par value on these lights?

Wow, that little light does pack a wallop!

Although we are not currently equipped to perform PAR tests on all of the light fixtures we carry (we rely on manufacturers to provide that information), that certainly is a good idea and something for us to consider going forward. Fortunately, aquarium light companies are increasingly becoming more forthcoming when it comes to providing this type of information because hobbyists are starting to demand it before they commit to expensive light upgrades. We'll run this up the ladder here and see if doing some standardized tests is in any way feasible.

Thank you so much for shopping and sharing your tank with us. You're off to a great start! :thumbsup:

crsandoval
06/01/2012, 12:11 AM
Water evaporation was slightly decreased with these new lights compared to my T5 lighting (open top), but not by any wide range. With these lights and the glass top on the evaporation was extremely low.

My corals are all fine, the most noticable improvement was my mushroom (bottom center of side tank shot pic). Within days the mushroom opened up alot more.

My kryptonite candy cane has really started to open up as well.

I might move my purple torch from the top to mid level, it seems fine, but maybe losing a little color.

You may want to add a few stunner strips in between the modules for additional color. The blue/magenta will bring out the colors in the mushrooms!