PDA

View Full Version : Styrofoam help

LoJack
03/08/2012, 02:28 PM
This is not to start a debate on whether or not to use styrofoam.

I just need help making a decision because I can't buy sheets of white styrofoam that I would normally use.

I remember someone telling me its not a good idea to use the pink or blue styrofoam that is used for insulation on the exterior of houses because its too dense.

My options are now this:

Use the blue or pink stuff anyway cause its all I have.

Or use 4 pieces of the white that I have measuring 18x24 to piece together a surface for the tank to sit on.

Any thoughts?

LoJack
03/08/2012, 02:29 PM
Oh I should mention I can get a 2" thick sheet of white. But I didn't mention it as an option because it seemed way too thick for me ... I think it would sit above my stand.

Allmost
03/08/2012, 02:30 PM
I have always used the pink stuff, pink panter ...

der_wille_zur_macht
03/08/2012, 02:35 PM
Can you at least tell us what you're planning on using it for and why? That will help us tell you what we think about which material would be best.

gbru316
03/08/2012, 02:37 PM
Can you at least tell us what you're planning on using it for and why? That will help us tell you what we think about which material would be best.

To pad the bottom of the tank.... I'm guessing there are imperfections in the surface of the stand.

It's at the end of the first post.... Reading comprehension :-P

LoJack
03/08/2012, 02:51 PM
Its a tank with no trim, so I would prefer the safety net of styrofoam to set the tank on.

I've used the pink stuff twice before as well. But had read recently somewhere that it wasn't as good to use as the white stuff.