PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Jenzifer
03/09/2012, 01:37 PM
1) What if I am on a two week vacation..something goes wrong with the Renew system...will it disable the Storm module completely and not allow auto top off of fresh water until I return days later?

2) are there any plans or any work around to have the Storm / Renew system talk to my aqua controller to let me know if a fault is present?

Thanks,

Rob

GenesisReefSys
03/09/2012, 01:46 PM
Hi Rob,

If you are away and the RENEW™ senses something is amiss with a water change, it will halt its own operation, empty the water from the metering reservoirs, and tell the STORM™ that it is okay to resume monitoring of the water level in your sump and to top off when necessary.

We do not currently communicate with the AquaController to alert you of a system fault.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kevin

Jenzifer
03/09/2012, 01:55 PM
Good to hear about the Storm still being able to top off.

About the communication with the Aqua Controller. If I purchase would you be able to provide a schematic or better yet order a system that has a wire taped into the fault indication LED so I may take that and connect it to the I/O break out box for the aqua controller?

GenesisReefSys
03/09/2012, 02:26 PM
Hi Rob,

Unfortunately we can't provide the schematic, and there is no dedicated "fault" LED. The most likely reason the RENEW™ would interrupt itself is a level sensor that detects low water in either the mixing bin or sump, so potentially you could monitor those sensors with the AquaController.

Jenzifer
03/09/2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll be very interested in the future if u allow ur system output options and not such closed loop.

Hope to be a customer in the future, great looking product and great potential.