PDA

View Full Version : suggestions

Shellyfish
03/09/2012, 08:34 PM
My family has decided I need the following colors int the tank so I need some suggetsions: pink, blue and red.
Current stock:
yellow tang
mimic tang
kole tang
azure damsel
2 false percs
purple firefish
chromis
coral beauty

The tank is 150g

randomfishguy85
03/09/2012, 08:59 PM
red: flame angel, flame hawkfish flame cardinal fish
Pink: maybe square back anthias, or lori's anthias
blue: blue reef chromis, yellow tail damsel, powder blue tang

TheReefJedi
03/09/2012, 10:27 PM
flame angel, flame hawkfish, firefish
blue reef chromis, powder blue tang, neon blue goby
barlett's anthias, coral beauty (semi-pinkish i guess), various wrasses

Wrasses are very colorful fish so check them out if you want a lot of color.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+1378

Shellyfish
03/09/2012, 10:43 PM
Would I be able to add a flame angel with a coral beauty? And If I added a powder blue (which is one of my favorite fish) wouldn't that be too many tangs?

TheReefJedi
03/09/2012, 10:50 PM
You need to add the flame angel and the coral beauty at the same time, but since you have such a large tank for dwarf angels it wouldn't be that huge of a problem at first, but as they get bigger it will become more of an issue if you don't put them in at the same time. Yes, it would be too many tangs by suggestion, but it could be done, as you've seen numerous people's tanks throughout the thread people keep loads of tangs together, it's just the "luck of the draw" by getting non-territorial tangs, keep stress levels down, ample swimming space, enough feedings, prestine water, etc...In the end it's up to you, if it's your favorite fish then go for it! Good luck!

Shellyfish
03/09/2012, 10:56 PM
I've been lucky so far with my 3, they are pretty laid back, the kole was added last and only got razzed for about 5 minutes, then the yellow decided he didn't care any more. The mimic doesn't bother anyone. I have a pretty open layout so there is a lot of swimming room for the tangs

As for adding the angels together, I already have the coral beauty so I can't do that.

Shellyfish
03/09/2012, 10:56 PM
I've been lucky so far with my 3, they are pretty laid back, the kole was added last and only got razzed for about 5 minutes, then the yellow decided he didn't care any more. The mimic doesn't bother anyone. I have a pretty open layout so there is a lot of swimming room for the tangs

As for adding the angels together, I already have the coral beauty so I can't do that.

TheReefJedi
03/09/2012, 11:14 PM
I think you'll be fine with adding your flame angelfish since you have a large enough system, as for the tangs, I don't see any problems since you say they're laid back. But i'm not an expert since i'm fairly new to reefing, so don't take my advice to heart. I have heard that tangs tend to go after other tangs of similar shape and color so I can see why the Kole acted up maybe cause of the Yellow Tang?

TheReefJedi
03/09/2012, 11:15 PM
Here's some links by the way
- http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1946079
- http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+43+366&pcatid=366

Toddrtrex
03/09/2012, 11:54 PM
Would I be able to add a flame angel with a coral beauty? And If I added a powder blue (which is one of my favorite fish) wouldn't that be too many tangs?

I have a coral beauty and flame together in my 65 -- along with a multicolor dwarf. I added the flame after the fact, put it in an acclimation box for 5 days first.

What are dimensions of your tank? Still thinking that the powder blue might be too much - they are very aggressive.

Reefing Newbie
03/10/2012, 12:05 AM
You are maxed on tangs. Dwarf angels would be a good choice.

Loveroftangs
03/10/2012, 01:11 PM
You will probably be maxed on the tangs powder blues are an agressive little tang.