PDA

View Full Version : candy cane tissue regression

galoot
03/09/2012, 09:11 PM
So what do you think is causing this?
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/chrisbaldwin/IMAG0117.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/chrisbaldwin/IMAG0115.jpg

You can see it slowly regressing upwards. the dead heads were on the frag when i got it. All my parameters are good.
temp78
sal .025
cal 440
alk 10
phos .04
amon/nit's 0

My tank is lit by two maspect g2 110 fixtures with 3w semi leds. I've thought in the past I've fried other new frags in the past due to intensity, so these have been near the sand bed the whole time. around two weeks. as you can see my lights on pretty much on top of my tank
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/chrisbaldwin/IMAG0109.jpg

galoot
03/10/2012, 12:22 PM
nobody???

GeoffM1968
03/11/2012, 08:40 AM
How often and what are you feeding them?

Psirex
03/11/2012, 08:59 AM
Target feed small amounts a few time a day and check you PO levels. Mine do this every so often.

What is your light schedule?

sqwat
03/12/2012, 06:49 AM
a very easy lps once acclimated.something is distressing it if youre water checks out fine.i dont think its light because they bleach b4 receding.are you feeding meaty foods or liguid.could be starvation ,chemical warfare,or current to high.how long have you had him for,are you running carbon,water readings ,and is he beeing blatsed by current,stocking on fish inverts and corals to see if one is damaging it .then i will try to help you cause these guys once they settle in grow like weeds so lets try to figure it out.

galoot
03/12/2012, 02:09 PM
I gave my parameters in the first post. I do run carbon and gfo. I don't feed them directly. I don't feed anything in my tank other then the fish and nems. Flow is not overly strong due to their low placement. Lights are on whites11-7, blues 1-9. So ten total hours. Guess I'll try feeding. I'll check my phosphates again. Anything else?

Sent from my Rezound using tapatalk.

GeoffM1968
03/12/2012, 05:40 PM
I don't feed them directly. I don't feed anything in my tank other then the fish and nems.

Willing to bet this is issue as saw the same issue until I started directly feeding. Once I started, they grew like weeks as mentioned above.

galoot
03/12/2012, 05:46 PM
Ok cool. Reccomendations for food? You can see my tank is mostly softies and two huge nems. I'd like to slowly add more lps in over time.

GeoffM1968
03/13/2012, 07:50 AM
Ok cool. Reccomendations for food? You can see my tank is mostly softies and two huge nems. I'd like to slowly add more lps in over time.

I use the following:

Rod’s Reef Original (3 – 5 ml) — Spot fed to LPS (~ once every one to four weeks)

Maaka
03/13/2012, 09:46 AM
Mine started to do this too when i first got them, almost lost a head. But then they started to make a come back. I really didn't change anything so it may of just had to get used to it's new home.

sqwat
03/13/2012, 10:27 AM
Try minced mysis even if the feeders areent out i would place it on the mouth and cover them with a plastic cup so no thieves take the food and i would feed oyster feast when the cup is over him so he can absorbe allot.i love oyster feast and so do corals pricy but the results are obviuos.if its starvation you should start to see results in a week of receeeding stopping and polyp extended more.if not i have to say phos.my friend had a problem once we couldnt find out for awile just couldnt keep lps alive and we foung that the nosle he was getting his water from was old copper and it leached enough to hurt the whole tank.we did some big water changes without the nosle same water though and it was right on so follow everything back to were you started if not starvation

galoot
03/13/2012, 11:02 AM
ok, i'll give it all a shot

ReLPSef
03/14/2012, 02:53 PM
Try low lighting and low flow. I have 3 different colonies and all are shaded by ledges. Direct light (t5, led, and mh caused mine to recede every time. It sucks because I wanted them in full view like yours but always ended up on the edges almost out of view. They actually looked the best under pc's years ago when I first started.