PDA

View Full Version : Apex not powering on (brand new)

jbliss
03/10/2012, 02:45 PM
Is their something im not doing to make IT power up, i followed the directions and it's not turning on. The status light is off

Meslo
03/10/2012, 03:11 PM
Connect the display to the box with places to plug in probes and the temp sensor. Then connect the box with the place to plug in probes to the box with the 8 plug outlets. Then Plug the cord from the thing with 8 outlets into the wall. Wait a bit and it should pop on.

If not try plugging a light into the wall socket you plug it into to make sure you have power.

jbliss
03/10/2012, 05:09 PM
Connect the display to the box with places to plug in probes and the temp sensor. Then connect the box with the place to plug in probes to the box with the 8 plug outlets. Then Plug the cord from the thing with 8 outlets into the wall. Wait a bit and it should pop on.

If not try plugging a light into the wall socket you plug it into to make sure you have power.

i TRIED THIS WITH NO LUCK AND I HAVE POWER AT THE OUTLET. THE EB8 HAS POWER AND IS BLINKING YELLOW. 4 OUTLET WORK BUT THE DISPLAY DOES NOT LIGHT UP, THE AQUABUS STATUS LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON AT ALL EITHER

Xcali1985
03/10/2012, 05:40 PM
Dumb question, but have you connected the Aquabus cables to the base unit? The USB looking cables?

Meslo
03/10/2012, 06:41 PM
the display does not hook to the eb8 it hooks to the base unit

jbliss
03/10/2012, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=Meslo;19998831]the display does not hook to the eb8 it hooks to the base unit[/QUOTe

That what I did, with no luck. I have been reading all the othe threads to find some more help also

jbliss
03/10/2012, 07:27 PM
Dumb question, but have you connected the Aquabus cables to the base unit? The USB looking cables?

Their is never a dumb question when tryin to help a fellow reefer.

I connected all the cables in the manner that they a suppose to be with no luck. I just got yesterday and opened the box today. I hope it does not already have to go to the factory like im reading in these other threads.

Any more suggestion, I'm converting to led's and bought this unit just to connect the LEDs and now this. Lots of money invested to get no results.

jjstecchino
03/11/2012, 09:47 AM
Looks like you have power to the eb8. The blinking yellow lights mean it is in boot mode. It should turn green when a connection to the apex is established. If you have a blinking yellow light on the apex base module it means it has power. If the light eventually turns solid green the apex has booted successfully.
Here are some possibilities:
No led on the apex base-> bad USB cable, bad apex
Blinking yellow no solid green on apex-> bad firmware or bad apex
Solid green on apex-> bad display

jbliss
03/11/2012, 10:17 AM
Looks like you have power to the eb8. The blinking yellow lights mean it is in boot mode. It should turn green when a connection to the apex is established. If you have a blinking yellow light on the apex base module it means it has power. If the light eventually turns solid green the apex has booted successfully.
Here are some possibilities:
No led on the apex base-> bad USB cable, bad apex
Blinking yellow no solid green on apex-> bad firmware or bad apex
Solid green on apex-> bad display

:headwallblue:Thank you, I think I have the No led on the apex base-> bad USB cable, bad apex. I have come to this with reading all the threads and following everyone else's trails and tribulations. I hope I can get it replaced as soon as possible by either where I purchased it from (Aquacave) or hopefully Neptune can get me replaced faster with a BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX WORKING UNIT, LOL. I thought I had here the savior of my tank, I paid priority shipping just to get a paper weight. :sad1:I know the system is way more than that. Paul from Neptune sent me an email last night on a Saturday. BIG SHOUT OUT TO PAUL AT NEPTUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wavehand:

Comtek
03/11/2012, 10:52 AM
yeah dont let this discourage you from the apex they are a great unit mine has been rock solid.
it sucks that happens some times. good luck

jbliss
03/11/2012, 11:48 AM
yeah dont let this discourage you from the apex they are a great unit mine has been rock solid.
it sucks that happens some times. good luck

Thanks for the words of encourgement, I need it until I get a working system.:headwally: