PDA

View Full Version : Blue Throat question.......

Nwest
03/10/2012, 10:40 PM
So I got a pair of blue throats about 4-5 months ago. The male was larger and the female was smaller. The male had awesome colors and the female was the normal dull colors not blue throat and no yellow on the tail...Well went on vacation and came home and my female now has yellow edge tails and but does not have any signs of the blue throat. I have read everywhere that the females never get this coloring. So I am trying to figure out if she turned into a he, or he was just a baby and is now just coloring up.....dont want them to fight so if she turned into a he I need to get one out soon.....Hope someone has some info on this....

jbax
03/12/2012, 03:03 PM
So I got a pair of blue throats about 4-5 months ago. The male was larger and the female was smaller. The male had awesome colors and the female was the normal dull colors not blue throat and no yellow on the tail...Well went on vacation and came home and my female now has yellow edge tails and but does not have any signs of the blue throat. I have read everywhere that the females never get this coloring. So I am trying to figure out if she turned into a he, or he was just a baby and is now just coloring up.....dont want them to fight so if she turned into a he I need to get one out soon.....Hope someone has some info on this....

quit putting hormones in your water and it will solve the problem. if you start dosing vodka your male trigger won't remember/care if it is a he or a she. :beer: