PDA

View Full Version : ROCv Storm question

bnumair
03/12/2012, 08:21 PM
I got the RENEW™ Pro + STORM™ Pro + Pumps system and So i got everything hooked up and tried everything. everything works perfectly right out of the box and installation was not as hard as i thaught it would be. I set my Storm to S2 mode with 15 sec.
I pressed and held Rocv for 3 sec to monitor. storm shows monitoring on Rocv. when the RODI bin runs low it starts the Rocv and let water flow till its tops off and trips the Max sensor. this is where i seem to be puzzled at.
once the max is hit Rocv goes to off and blinking while storm blinks monitoring.
my questions are:
at this stage when rocv is blinking off and storm blinking monitoring
1: will the rocv come back on automaticaly once the low sensor is tripped?
2: or this is a safety feature and i have to manually hold Rocv to go back to monitor mode again? (thats what i did when i didnt see it go back to monitoring mode)
Thanks
Overall i am very happy with the product. A little improvement in the diagrams on how and where/which one of the sensors go.

bnumair
03/12/2012, 08:32 PM
Also noticed that in a case where water in sump has evaporated too far down or maybe leaked storm will try to top off ( in my case S2 for 15 sec). if it does not fill to the level in 15 sec it will wait and try gin for another 15 sec. after 2nd failed attempt it will halt and not resume till manually reset.
question is in my case the tank is 240 gal built in wall and in garage. it get 110+F in oklahoma and i expect it to evaporate alot. if thats the case then 2x 15 sec fillups will halt the system all the time and if i am away from home on vacation sump will run dry.
my understanding of S2 mode was that it will fill no matter what till it trips the sensor and not worry about time. Please advice?

bnumair
03/12/2012, 09:38 PM
However, it's actually very easy to determine whether you have the new firmware or the old firmware by following these steps:
1. With your STORM™ running and the "MONITORING" indicator solidly illuminated, turn the unit off.
2. Wait about three seconds and turn the unit back on
3. Observe the "MONITORING" indicator again. If it is flashing, you have the original firmware; if it is solidly illuminated, it is the newer firmware.

There is another way to determine the firmware version if your STORM™ isn't yet installed (meaning you won't get the solidly illuminated "MONITORING" indicator):
1. Turn your STORM™ on.
2. Press and hold the two round buttons (AUX and OPERATION) for at least six seconds.
3. If the display shows "S1" or "S2," and the INCREASE and DECREASE buttons cycle between S1 and S2, you have the new firmware. If not, then it is the old firmware.

so i did the first way and i turned the unit off and i turned it back on after 3 sec. monitoring was solid. but when i follow the second way and press both buttons units shows s1 then if u use the increase decrease buttons it goes to s2 then s3 so i am confuse what version i have.
unit was purchased directly from Genesis renew website on Jan-6-2012

GenesisReefSys
03/12/2012, 09:47 PM
1: will the rocv come back on automaticaly once the low sensor is tripped?
2: or this is a safety feature and i have to manually hold Rocv to go back to monitor mode again? (thats what i did when i didnt see it go back to monitoring mode)
Thanks
Overall i am very happy with the product. A little improvement in the diagrams on how and where/which one of the sensors go.

Hello bnumair,

The ROCv™ should close when the top sensor detects water and then wait until the water level drops back down to the bottom sensor again. It sounds like the failsafe sensor is mounted below the ROCv Max sensor. Please check to make sure that the sensors are mounted as follows:

Top: Failsafe Sensor 2
2nd from Top: ROCv Max
3rd from Top: ROCv Min
Bottom: Top Off Bin

A diagram can be found here (http://www.genesisreefsystems.com/docs/Level%20Sensor%20Placement.pdf) on the second page. The only difference is that the failsafe sensor will be added at the very top of the bin in the hanger shroud.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - that's what I'm here for.
Kevin

GenesisReefSys
03/12/2012, 09:52 PM
my understanding of S2 mode was that it will fill no matter what till it trips the sensor and not worry about time. Please advice?

S2 mode will allow it to run for the time you specify before turning off the pump. If you need it to be longer than 15 seconds, you can simply increase the time as much as needed. It will cycle more often when the evaporation rate is high (as it would be in your garage in the summer); it is extremely unlikely that it will ever need to cycle more than the 99 seconds possible since it will cycle as soon as it detects the water level has dropped.

If you would like to cycle less often, use mode S1 and have it add a little "extra" top off water with each top off cycle by increasing the time that the pump stays on.

GenesisReefSys
03/12/2012, 09:59 PM
when i follow the second way and press both buttons units shows s1 then if u use the increase decrease buttons it goes to s2 then s3 so i am confuse what version i have.
unit was purchased directly from Genesis renew website on Jan-6-2012

Hi bnumair,

Your firmware version is v1.5. The post you borrowed those instructions from must have been pretty old, so it didn't mention anything about s3 mode. However, since you have S3 mode and it was purchased directly from us just a couple months ago it is definitely v1.5. You can verify this by turning the STORM™ off, waiting until all the LED's go out, then turning it on while holding the center button. The display will show the version.

Best regards,
Kevin

bnumair
03/12/2012, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=GenesisReefSys;20007757]Hello bnumair,

The ROCv™ should close when the top sensor detects water and then wait until the water level drops back down to the bottom sensor again. It sounds like the failsafe sensor is mounted below the ROCv Max sensor. Please check to make sure that the sensors are mounted as follows:

Top: Failsafe Sensor 2
2nd from Top: ROCv Max
3rd from Top: ROCv Min
Bottom: Top Off Bin

Thanks Kevin for a quick response. i am still a bit confused on sensors.
this is the order i have them in.
top is failsafe 2 (black wire 1 individual wire sensor)
2nd is rocv max (red wire 2 in 1 wire)
3rd is rocv min (black wire 2nd part of the max red wire)
4th is top off

bnumair
03/12/2012, 11:03 PM
ok i figured it out. my fail safe 1 inside the sump was tripped for high water level. so monitoring was flashing on the storm side. when the rocv max tripped it also went to off mode and flashing. so i took some water out of sum and made it where it should be. and rest the storn unit. now all lights are solid.
for experimental reasons i took some rodi water out of my bin and manualy tripped the low sensor. rocv came on and started filling back the bin. when it reached max and tripped the sensor it went back to Rocv monitoring mode with all solid lights.
repeated the experiment and got the same result so its working fine now.
thanks

GenesisReefSys
03/13/2012, 05:47 AM
Great to hear!

You may also want to consider placing your Failsafe Sensor #1 up a bit higher to prevent it from tripping if you turn off your return pump or a skimmer (if it would cause your sump level to increase when it drains).