PDA

View Full Version : Aqualifter pump not working w/ ATO

FiShScaLe
03/13/2012, 12:49 AM
I have my ATO set up to my DA controller with a DA float switch. Everything is hooked up properly but for some reason once the float switch drops the pump turns on but not shut off. Can a siphon make the pump continue running? I know its running because I put my ear to it and can hear the difference of when its off to on. All other equipment ive tried on the float switch goes off and on perfectly just not the aqualifter. Can anyone give me an answer to my problem im stumped.

Tat2demon
03/13/2012, 12:58 AM
I can't remember which is which but if you have it plugged into plugs 1 or 4 put it in 2 or 3. two of the plus need a larger power draw to function properly. You can get a$5 single plug surge protector at a hardware store to get them to operate correctly if you want. Or only use high powered items on those plugs.

wwu123
03/13/2012, 12:59 PM
I can't remember which is which but if you have it plugged into plugs 1 or 4 put it in 2 or 3. two of the plus need a larger power draw to function properly. You can get a$5 single plug surge protector at a hardware store to get them to operate correctly if you want. Or only use high powered items on those plugs.

Exactly this. I made the rookie mistake when I first got my Reefkeeper, dumped a gallon of kalk ATO water into the display tank before I realized the Aqualifter wouldn't shut off. Was scared for a few hours of the pH spike crashing the tank, but tank was fine afterwards.

They really should've highlighted this more clearly in the Reefkeeper manual, but they don't.