PDA

View Full Version : Naso with ich

jeffro420
03/14/2012, 08:09 PM
I recently added a 5 inch naso tang to my 125 gallon reef tank. I bought it from a reliable LFS and inspected it very well, the fish looked perfect. I have had it in my tank for around. 2 And a half weeks and I am noticing a 1" by 2" patch on its right side that kind of resembles ich. Its ONLY on its right side in that area. The fish has lots of energy, is never hiding, and is a heavy eater. Could the 400 watt halides have burned him? I did see him adjusting to the tank and trying out different places to hid and seen him almost get stuck a few times, could that cause an area to resemble ich? I have probably 15 other fish in the tank and none of them have ich. All my parameters are in order and my temp is between 77 and 80. I tried to take a picture but it doesn't even show up in the picture it just looks like I'm taking a pic of the fish.

sandwi54
03/15/2012, 12:50 AM
Ich typically shows up as small white spots. I'm not sure what you mean by a 1" x 2" patch. Is it a white patch?

jeffro420
03/15/2012, 06:52 AM
Well o have seen ich before and it is all over the fish. This is mainly just in one are on only one side of the fish. There's not a white spot anywhere else on the fish just in that little area.

MrTuskfish
03/15/2012, 09:11 AM
Yes, a pic would really help. I'd Google ''marine ich", include images. You should be able to diagnose it from there. Ich initially showing in one area isn't unusual; the next generation (assuming it is ich) will very possibly infect all of your fish. Ich never starts out "all over the fish, that happens eventually, though. Fish from even the best source can introduce parasites, that's a main reason why a QT is vital. If this turns out to be ich, the only cure involves getting ALL of your fish into a HT/QT. There is no way to cure ich in a reef tank. I'd read the ich stickies at the top of this forum section; knowledge of the ich life-cycle and treatment options, are vital info.