PDA

View Full Version : Best way to catch fish

codeblue48
03/16/2012, 02:20 PM
I am trying to remove a coral beauty and diamond goby from my DT to a hospital tank to treat them for ich. They are currently the only two fish I have in my 65 gallon thank goodness. How do you go about catching them? I've tried the 2 liter bottle trap with no success and trying to net them is impossible. Any suggestions or success stories would be much appreciated. Thanks

Peter T
03/16/2012, 03:29 PM
If you have enough clean containers or buckets for 65 gallons, you can just drain the tank water very low and scoop them out. It saves the headache of chasing them around with a net or trying to trap them.

EllieSuz
03/16/2012, 03:49 PM
Here's a good read about catching fish:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=707656

jeffro420
03/16/2012, 04:50 PM
i had to remove a trigger from my tank that was eating my coral. tried every trick in the book. luckily my LFS let me borrow two 90 gallon tubs and i removed 3/4 of the water and ALL the live rock just to catch him. after all that i just did a 75 gallon water change and re aquascapped so i guess this would be a worst case scenario. but sometimes it has to be done.

Reef264
03/16/2012, 05:20 PM
I use a 2 gallon acrylic hexagon, Mysis, a turkey baster, and my right arm.

Sit the tank sideways on the Sandbed, then when said fish is near it, squirt some Mysis in the tank, then the fish will swim in, and I put the lid on it so the fish can't escape, I have no trouble catchin a fish in 1 minute or less, my record is 15 seconds.