PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a Frag tank

Na-H2O
03/16/2012, 09:48 PM
Finally got my tank clean and stand in place. Decided that I would put it next to my DT tank and window. I've researched and saw a lot of frag tanks powered by the sun and thought, how awesome would that be!! Well seeing as I don't have room to build a shed with sun roofs, I decided to put my frag tank next to my windows. My windows cover the entire wall so an amble amount of light would pour in the tank. I'll still however use t5 lighting. If you read my other thread "frag tank" the plan was to propagate everything! well plans of change. Talking with some people on the thread I have decided to start with softies. My plan (if wifey allows it) is to start another tank as sps.
I read some where that when u start a propagation system for supporting your hobby or to make some cash you have crossed the thresh hold of being a hobbyist to an addict. Lol lol can't say this isn't true

Well anyways here are some pics of the tank.
Measurements are 30" long 17" wide and 13.5 tall
I found the stand on the side of the street. Some fool was throwing it away not knowing what he had. Still debating on whether I should keep it or build my own. Any suggestion?

Anyways here it is.

Na-H2O
03/16/2012, 09:51 PM
What the what the!!! How come it won't let me post pictures! I keep on getting an error message "unable to upload" but when I upload a photo with my crappy cEll phone camera it works????

tkeracer619
03/16/2012, 11:08 PM
I upload photos to imageshack.us and post the "direct" link here using the image of the picture in the toolbar when making a post. You can resize when uploading this way in one step.

Na-H2O
03/17/2012, 06:45 PM
So here is the tank... Im still thinking of building my own stand as I will have a sump with a zeo system, protein skimmer, and carbon reactor.

Anything else you can think of.

If you have some ideas of building a stand that is big enough to grow an existing sump I would like to see your blueprints...