PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish Has Spots

soramsu
03/19/2012, 05:17 PM
I noticed today one of my clowns, on the white band behind her head, has raised almost flesh (flesh as in caucasian American flesh, not fish flesh haha) colored spots. They vary in size, and protrude out. They aren't symmetric at all. I've seen ich, and 100% sure it isn't that. I tried to grab a picture but couldn't get a good one. I'll keep trying.

Any ideas on what this may be? I took her out and gave her a 10 min freshwater bath in case it's some type of parasite and put her in QT. other than that, I'm not sure what to do.

At what point do I get to stop 'fixing' problems with my tank and just get to sit and enjoy it? Lol

soramsu
03/19/2012, 08:15 PM
Still can't get a pic. She wiggles around too much to get a clear one :(. Looks like the bumps are smoothed out, maybe where something fell off? But they're still off colored.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rcnfk3

Leena2674
03/19/2012, 09:11 PM
At what point do I get to stop 'fixing' problems with my tank and just get to sit and enjoy it? Lol

Never? :spin2:

I find I enjoy the 5 minutes I spend watching my tank in between the maintenance and problems.... I would definitely not be involved in this hobby if I didn't appreciate a challenge. :D

Leena2674
03/19/2012, 09:20 PM
Lymphocystis often presents as raised 'bumps', and I'm sure the color of the bumps in part depends on the color of the fish... you may try googling that. It is a viral disease which normally goes away on its own, but can be treated as well.

soramsu
03/23/2012, 10:36 AM
Well never figured out what it was. Did another FW 10 min bath. She's all healed up and back in the main tank now.

MrTuskfish
03/23/2012, 01:39 PM
It MAY be brooklynella or "clownfish disease'' this is a very deadly parasite. the symptoms match the pimples you describe and the baths may have provided some temporary relief. If it is brook, the relief is temporary. BUT; brook usually doesn't completely disappear , even temporarily. Google " marine brooklynella', include images, and see id f that's possible. Lympho is white, lumpy and does not respond to baths.