PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Chip Star is Sick?

JEC11718
03/21/2012, 05:21 AM
I have a cc star...it keeps turning itself over...my hermits started to eat some of it in the crook of two arms, I picked him up and turned him back over...this morning he is upside down again...moving very sluggish and his cc on top are kinda peeling.....dt has been fallow almost 6 weeks cuz of ich...fish are in qt about two more weeks. 20 g tall dt. Any ideas or comments? I have put him in a plastic tupperware at top of tank/with holes in sides magnet held to front glass...to keep hermits away, he was right side up last night..now again upside down...HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headwally:

mndfreeze
03/22/2012, 12:38 AM
He sound done in to me. What are you water params. How long have you had it, what are you feeding it and how often?

JEC11718
03/22/2012, 05:25 AM
well all params are in normal range, he hasnt flipped himself since yesterday when he was righted and his color looks better...I dont know....do you think he is going to split? and make two?

Sugar Magnolia
03/22/2012, 05:42 AM
well all params are in normal range, he hasnt flipped himself since yesterday when he was righted and his color looks better...I dont know....do you think he is going to split? and make two?

Unlikely. How long have you had it? How did you acclimate it? Please list all water params.

JEC11718
03/22/2012, 06:24 PM
well, ph 8.2, sg 1.025, temp 79, amon. 0 nitrite,nitrate both excellent on the color charts...uh...have had him almost three months, acclimation was by drip over three hours, food wise I have not added anything but prime reef flake to the tank, should I specifically target feed it? and what? I thought he ate algae that grows on tank glass. He looks better, but now what?

SushiGirl
03/22/2012, 07:53 PM
What's "excellent" on the color charts?
And yes, you need to feed it, preferably meaty foods. He doesn't eat algae. They're infamous for eating snails.

JEC11718
03/22/2012, 08:10 PM
I have 6snails and he has never looked at them sideways, ive seen him crawl over one numerous times and never stopped to eat it. ive seen one crawl over him too! so food suggestions anyone? meaty??? well ok. excellent params are excellent params. they are straight up not in question. that was the first thing i checked.