PDA

View Full Version : My last stock list question. It's for my 240 that I'm getting

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 03:38 PM
Ok well I have decided to upgrade. Yes I know it's really soon. Any way the tank will be a 240 gallon 8 by 2 by 2 foot reef. My stock list as of now will be.
Clown tang
Blue tang
Purple tang
Achilles tang
Naso tang
Zebra eel
White stripe maroon clown
Pink spott goby
Chromis
Fairy wrasse
And about 20-25 aithias I don't know which probably a mixture.
What do you guys think to much I will have a huge skimmer. And a 90 gallon sump.

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 03:45 PM
Ohh and a manderin

crobattt
03/22/2012, 04:03 PM
-facepalm-

sandwi54
03/22/2012, 04:45 PM
Somehow I'm failing to believe you're doing the things you said. Did you even build the 90g you started 10 threads about? Post a photo and show us that you are "for real."

You mentioned you are just starting high school. Where do you even get the money to buy and build a 240g setup??? Even buying everything used, the total cost would easily be over $3,000. It's hard for me to imagine your parents would spend that much money for this hobby of yours unless they are in it themselves too.

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 05:00 PM
My dad is into it and my grandma loves any fish in general so she gets me most of my stuff. I don't know how to post pictures still. And I don't have any pics with me right now. I'm in Maui. The 90 has been set up for 4 months or so I have a purple tang a pinkspott goby a chromis a fairy wrasse and an Achilles tang juvenile. So I am for real I will be ordering the tank in a few weeks right befor my birthday. I'm building the stand and have most of the equipment. All I really need is the tank. I have all the lighti g skimmer ect. So what do you think about the stockade?

sponger0
03/22/2012, 05:00 PM
Somehow I'm failing to believe you're doing the things you said. Did you even build the 90g you started 10 threads about? Post a photo and show us that you are "for real."

You mentioned you are just starting high school. Where do you even get the money to buy and build a 240g setup??? Even buying everything used, the total cost would easily be over $3,000. It's hard for me to imagine your parents would spend that much money for this hobby of yours unless they are in it themselves too.

Yeah its this guy again. Supposedly the 90 has been running for months. But now since he went from 90 to a 150dd and not to a 240....

He claims he has the money. A 240 gallon tank itself if 3 grand.

I dont take this guy seriously at all.

Lets see how he can get reactions out of us now.

And come to think of it, he hasnt posted any of his tank.

How about you get the tank first then worry about the stock list.

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 05:04 PM
The tank is 1500 not 3000 this I serious I was going to get the 150 ,but I couldn't find just the tank. I want to build my own stand. Okay well thanks for all your help I'll let you know how every thing goes when I get it all set up.

rnscross
03/22/2012, 05:07 PM
clown tang is going to go postal FWIW

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 05:13 PM
Oh ok then I won't get the clown tang. Thanks for the heads up.

sponger0
03/22/2012, 05:16 PM
So where is your 90 gallon? I dont see any pics. And yes you can find a 150 DD. Its called special order

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah ,but I don't want to special order. The 90 is in my basement.

sponger0
03/22/2012, 05:20 PM
Well where are the pics?

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 05:36 PM
I can't get them I one don't know how to post them and two I'm in Maui and don't have any pictures of my tank.

sponger0
03/22/2012, 05:37 PM
Exactly my thoughts

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 06:12 PM
I'll do it on Sunday when I get back geez.

reefjunkie42
03/22/2012, 06:15 PM
pictures or it didnt happen.

sandwi54
03/22/2012, 06:18 PM
We are waiting.

dzfish17
03/22/2012, 06:39 PM
Wow, I stopped posting to his threads a few month back but you guys are really tearing this guy a new one. This forum is supposed to be for fun so why dont we give the kid a break. Maybe some people should just learn to not post in certain threads.

Ostara
03/22/2012, 07:13 PM
Okay, I'm going to give you feedback on this list but as the others have said, you need to actually follow through on one of these million hypothetical tanks. If the plan changes again, don't start yet another thread asking about it. In fact, you should probably just get the tank and set the thing up before worrying about putting anything in it, since you never seem to get beyond the planning stage.

Clown tang- No. These guys are too aggressive and will just end up giving you problems.
Naso tang- This is up to you; a 240 is listed as the minimum size. Personally I think they just get too large and I don't like the look of such an enormous fish pacing the tank, but if it is a fish you really love then go for it.
The blue, purple, and Achilles combo is fine; I've kept that group myself without problems. Quarantine the Achilles for a good long period and make sure it is eating well. If you wanted to replace the naso and clown with a yellow tang or a kole/other bristletooth I think that would be fine.

Zebra eel- Pass on this. If you want an eel, set up an eel tank instead. You already had issues keeping the other one in your tank and you'd have a worse headache trying to eel-proof a larger tank, so I'd just scratch that one from the list.

If you want maroon clowns you could certainly have them, though personally I would look into a more docile option since you want some more peaceful fish like anthias and wrasses. What about a pair of snowflake clowns or something instead?

The goby, chromis, and fairy wrasse are all fine. You could add some more compatible wrasses and a dwarf angel(s) if you wanted in a tank that size.

The mixture of anthias is of course up to what you like. I think a large group of lyretails would be both beautiful and not as pricey as many of the other options.

Hopefully this tank comes together for you. I applaud you for wanting the advice of others instead of just plunging in on your own, but you need to get a tank actually set up and running before offering us any more of these hypotheticals.

enjetek
03/22/2012, 07:14 PM
Sigh. No way it will be 1500. I got a tank and stand used for 1k but with everything else it's gonna go up fast. Lights, skimmer, rock, sand, pump, plumbing, etc etc....you're gonna need 3 more credit cards. Good luck and you will need more quarantine tanks too

nanoreefer1000
03/22/2012, 07:23 PM
Sigh. No way it will be 1500. I got a tank and stand used for 1k but with everything else it's gonna go up fast. Lights, skimmer, rock, sand, pump, plumbing, etc etc....you're gonna need 3 more credit cards. Good luck and you will need more quarantine tanks too I found a 240 is good shape on CL for 600, and it was star-fire glass.
If only I had the money... Anyways I would skip the naso and clown tangs. I feel
like them and species like them are underrated of how much they swim. Two smaller tangs would make a nice replacement :) . I would bring the number of anthias down a bit to.
HTH:wavehand:

aandfsoccr04
03/22/2012, 07:25 PM
:facepalm:

enjetek
03/22/2012, 07:41 PM
I found a 240 is good shape on CL for 600, and it was star-fire glass.
If only I had the money... Anyways I would skip the naso and clown tangs. I feel
like them and species like them are underrated of how much they swim. Two smaller tangs would make a nice replacement :) . I would bring the number of anthias down a bit to.
HTH:wavehand:

Damn if only there were 240g tanks at that price around where I am (in L.A. and assuming someone is selling it at that price and of course not factoring in shipping). But like I said, if it ain't all done and comes with everything, he's gonna need money.

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the help Ostara. I understand about where you guys are coming from. This will be my last stopping thread I promice. And the tank I'm looking at is 1500 . It's acrilic and has built in overflows. It's made by tsunami and is a great tank. Any way thanks for your help.

Dragon moray ki
03/22/2012, 07:47 PM
Oh and I have the qt. And the lights and the skimmer and the sump and the return pumps and some live rock. All I need is a little more live rock some sand and fish. I'll be building the stand with 4 by 4 pine.

BrianD
03/22/2012, 08:07 PM
Stop posting these threads.