PDA

View Full Version : Got a new fixture, now i need bulb help!

BubbaBoBobBrain
03/24/2012, 06:34 AM
I just ordered my new t5 fixture from a lfs and am impatiently waiting for it to come in. I ordered a 60" 8x80 watt ATI Sunpower fixture and now I need help with bulb choices. I am looking to stay with the ATI bulbs and was wondering what a good choice for color and order for bulbs would be. I was thinking either 5-blue+, 2-coral+, and a purple+ or 4-blue+, 3 coral+, and a purple+. I really dont know much about t5 lighting and would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Salty88
03/24/2012, 08:11 AM
i would def get at least one actinic light to make the colors pop. maybe even two. I have a 6 bulb 39watt 36'' t5 fixture running 2 blue+, 1 purple+, 1 blue special, 1 coral plus. and an actinic. It looks really nice but when my dawn dusk lights are on, its the blue+ and the actinic and i almost wish i just got another actinic because its a little too bright for my liking. but overall i love the set up. But yes, moral of the story, run an actinic.

BubbaBoBobBrain
03/24/2012, 08:33 AM
The only reason I didnt put an actinic on the list is because I was told by several people to avoid them because they dont really do anything and I am looking to get as much par as I can out of the fixture because I would like to get into sps. But I suppose I could buy a few extra bulbs and play with the color a bit until I get it where I like it and then check par with the different bulbs in. Thanks for the info.

Merasti
03/24/2012, 11:52 AM
I just put up a tek 60" 8x 80w fixture a few weeks ago and went:
blue+
blue+
purple+
aquablue special
blue+
purple+
blue+
blue+

Really love the color, although may swap the aquablue for a GE 6500 at some point. Choices where mostly based on info in the T5 thread here on RC.

BubbaBoBobBrain
03/24/2012, 01:37 PM
But with only 1 grow bulb on it does it put out good par?