PDA

View Full Version : Flow questions on 57G for back glass

mgould73
03/24/2012, 10:43 AM
I have a 57G deepblue rimless tank. Just LPS and softies at the moment.

I have an MP10 on right side and a Koralia 1050 on the left side. (about 3/4 way to front) MP10 is set to reef crest at about 80%.

I have pretty good flow from left to right, but bottom portion has either to litle flow when MP10 is running at a lower speed, and when it kicks in past 50% i get a rush of strong flow back towards the MP10 at the bottom which blows some of my LPS like hammer/torch quite hard. I get this also when i turn off the 1050 on the left. Im guessing it's undertow type of current when the MP10 hits other side of glass when on high pushing a strong flow towards the bottom right back to the MP10.

I would like to randomize the flow a little bit more and was thinking about adding 2x Korarlia's on the back glass on either side of the overflows to mix up the current, possible on the Koralia waver maker.

I have an extra Koralia 750 which i tried putting on the left side/right side back glass but it's to strong and kicks up the bottom sand in the front glass.

So i was thinking about adding a nano 450 (due to it's size) on the back glass on both sides to get some more random flow. I was going to keep them a little higher, but still in the stream of both the mp10 and 1050.

I have the outputs from return pointing outward on the left/right out of the overflow box aiming slightly towards the back to keep good flow behind the rocks also.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I tried the MP10 on short pulse mode as well, this seems a bit better as its short bursts but is kind of noisy and im guessing will put more strain on the mp10 in this mode.