PDA

View Full Version : Help - identify white spot on Watchman Goby

bwitchn
03/25/2012, 03:49 PM
Can someone help identify these two spots on my yellow watchman goby? He has one on each side right below the top fin. He is acting normally, swimming around, eating very well. But I don't know what these are They just appeared a few days ago. Thanks.

bwitchn
03/25/2012, 05:23 PM
Id?

Reefmedic79
03/25/2012, 08:31 PM
Hard to tell from the pic, are the spots fuzzy? Were they not there when you purchased the fish?

bwitchn
03/25/2012, 08:47 PM
No spots are not fuzzy. They were not there when I purchased the fish. I QT him for about 3 weeks and he was doing ok. He has been in the DT now about 3 weeks and he usually hides inside rocks. Whenever he sees me come near the tank he comes out. And, I feed he comes out and eats like crazy. but I just noticed these two spots on on each side yesterday.

Reefmedic79
03/25/2012, 08:52 PM
Looks to me to be just a color variation in the fish, maybe he's relaxing more and returning to his more normal coloration.

bwitchn
03/25/2012, 09:29 PM
What worries me is that he didn't have it up until a day or two ago.

Mr. Demeanor
03/25/2012, 10:34 PM
The shape and being on both sides looks like someone else bit him from above.
For the record, I am a retired Forensic Tech. We can pull bite impressions from your other fish if you like :)

bwitchn
03/25/2012, 11:46 PM
I don't have anything else that could bite him other than a percula clown and a chromi, other than that I have some nassarius snails, turbo snails, red leg hermit crab and blue leg hermit crab and a zoanthid colony that is doing very nicely. That's all I have. I am going very slow with my tank. I plan on adding a total of four fish to my 29 gal Biocube and will not be adding another fish for another two months. And another coral a month after that.

Doc_Polit
03/26/2012, 11:33 AM
We can pull bite impressions from your other fish if you like

LOL. :spin2:

Doc_Polit
03/26/2012, 11:35 AM
bwitchn,

Is it possible that he got "wedged" somewhere and marked himself getting free?

00Warpig00
03/26/2012, 06:12 PM
^+1 I have a yellow tail blue damsel that wedged himself between a piece of live rock and the side of my tank. He was really stuck. I had to move the rock to free him. He had some white spots on him when I released him. The spots vanished over the course of the following week. looked like white bruising.

Nick