PDA

View Full Version : Michaelangello's sumped Osaka 155

michaelangello
03/26/2012, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone,

Thought id finally get a thread going on RC after snooping around for long enough.

First off, ive been keeping marines now for about 3 years and started out with a 28G Nano and soon found myself with a 400 litre tank in no time.

Due to work commitments I found myself not being able to dedicate the time needed to properly look after a tank that size to the standard I would like to keep it at so I broke it down and was on the brink of taking a break from the hobby. That was until.....

I stumbled upon a second hand Fluval Osaka 155. I had a few bits of live rock left and decided to set up a small low maintenance tank. When I first set the tank up I put a 250w Geissmann halide over it. This was insanely bright and I started to get lots of hair algae and also struggled with temp fluctuations.

I also ran a Fluval 205 canister filter and Koralia blower. The next upgrade came as a sump which then allowed me to place all the unsightly equipment under the cabinet and upgrade the TMC skimmer to a Bubble Magus NAC7.

Next on the upgrades came an ATI power module 6 x 35w T5 light. This light was a quality upgrade and gave much better colour spread and better growth I found than the Geissmann. The next and probably my favourite piece of equipment was a Vortech MP10WES. This power head is top notch and I love it. Definitely a huge improvement over the single Koralia I had.

After this the tank had to be moved and underwent a minor re-scape. I started to focus more on harder corals then and after following the RC thread on the Eco Tech Radion light I decided I had to have one. I was the first person in Ireland to land one and have to say its another outstanding piece of equipment from Eco Tech. The colours from corals are phenomenal and the camera cant do it justice.

My Bubble Magus died on me and am stuck with a Deltec MCE 500 until I can get my hands on an APF 600. I then invested in a GHL Profilux 3 PAB kit and triple doser. Ive also started the full Red Sea Reef Care Program and after only 2 weeks im noticing big improvements.

My next plan is to stick the skimmer external and make one of the sections of the sump into a Refugium with DSB and some algae.

Ill keep the pics coming and hopefully get my hands on a decent camera instead of my phone!

Current live stock is

2x Gold Bar Maroon Clowns
2x Black Bar Chromis
2x Bangai Cardinals
1x Firefish
1x Neon Goby
1x Leopard Wrasse
1x Mandarin Fish
2x Peppermint Shrimp
1x Bullseye Pistol Shrimp (sumped)
1x Emerald Crab
Various snals

michaelangello
03/26/2012, 05:20 PM
Here is the latest picture that I took tonight

Faye
03/26/2012, 06:34 PM
Are you part of delvalreef club?

michaelangello
03/26/2012, 06:36 PM
Are you part of delvalreef club?

No im not. Dont know what it is. Another forum maybe?

secrest
03/26/2012, 07:14 PM
Very nice tank. Looks great!

michaelangello
03/27/2012, 06:18 AM
Very nice tank. Looks great!

Thanks dude.

Buzz1329
03/27/2012, 07:04 PM
Looking good! Love the green nem in the latest photo. What species is that?

michaelangello
03/29/2012, 05:33 PM
Looking good! Love the green nem in the latest photo. What species is that?

Its actually a green Toadstool that my clowns have hosted. It was about 3" when I got it and its grown to about 10" in less than a year.