PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone ID Please??

ReefIsMyMadness
03/26/2012, 07:40 PM
I think it is a Zoanthids Eating Nudibranch. I just spotted a spikey little thing crawling through my zoanthids then it attached itself to the head of a zoanthid. So i sucked it off with a medicine bulb and it came right off!! Yay!! I just started this new tank a month ago what the chances i got it out before it reproduced?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

billsreef
03/27/2012, 02:40 PM
That does look a zoa eating nudi. I'd pull that colony and check underneath for more adults, as well as egg masses. A FW dip will often knock the nudis off, though the egg masses might take some scrubbing. Also check any other zoa colonies.

Urban Reefer
03/27/2012, 02:41 PM
I agree, that what it looks like to me.

ReefIsMyMadness
03/27/2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks guys i figured it was. The only problem is that colony is glued to my rock work so flipping it or dipping it may be a problem. After i got the nudi out i blasted the colony with lite puffs of water from the medicine bulb to get them to close so i could look in between them and nothing also Ive been checking often all around and underneath as much as i can and cant see any others so hopefully it was just the one but ill check a couple times a day for next week or so. The colony also looks fuller now that the pest is gone hopefully thats a good sign. I was just glad he sucked up so easly. Thanks for the confirmation guys.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

IamTomm
03/27/2012, 04:24 PM
If you put zoa eating nudis under actinic light they glow whatever colors they ate. Would be a good way to id it as a zoa eater.

rpjaws74
03/27/2012, 10:17 PM
what a bummer!