PDA

View Full Version : Wireless interface

Heliman
03/28/2012, 05:44 PM
Could you please clear up a small confusion...

I am getting conflicting advice about the Wireless LAN module (the one with the antenna).

Some dealers are claiming "discontinued", whilst others are quoting 4 weeks delivery.

Is this module dicontinued officially. ??

Thanks

BigAl2007
03/28/2012, 07:35 PM
My understanding it's "discontinued" and even if it wasn't I don't think I would go that route. You're much better off handling the wireless aspect of your ProfiLux using an alternate method. At least that's my suggestion.

AQD_ottawa
03/28/2012, 07:42 PM
Yep discontinued for over a year now.

For Pus II owners you can get the LAN card of course that is hard wired to the router, or P3 users can run a wirless bridge off of the ethernet port.

BigAl2007
03/28/2012, 08:07 PM
Here's how I did it
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2098327

Heliman
03/28/2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks BigAl...

All seems very simple. My home PC system is already Wireless and I have wireless connectivity from Modem/Router to Ipod, Ipad and Cell phone...plus a second computer and my Lap-Top. So I guess all I need is the Bridge and good to go !!

BigAl2007
03/29/2012, 06:53 AM
Thanks BigAl...

All seems very simple. My home PC system is already Wireless and I have wireless connectivity from Modem/Router to Ipod, Ipad and Cell phone...plus a second computer and my Lap-Top. So I guess all I need is the Bridge and good to go !!

Yes sir. Here's how I suggest you go about it:

A) Connect your ProfiLux to your router hard-wired to confirm connectivity. This way if you have a problem when connected wirelessly you have one less set of possible problems to deal with because you've already confirmed wired connectivity.

B) Set-up and configure "Bridge" to communicate with your wireless network

C) plug ProfiLux3 into "Bridge" and connect to it wirelessly