PDA

View Full Version : white spot. Brookinella

Davy854
03/29/2012, 03:53 PM
can anyone tell me how long i have too leave my tank fish free to get rid of any parasites. Thanks

snorvich
03/29/2012, 03:59 PM
can anyone tell me how long i have too leave my tank fish free to get rid of any parasites. Thanks

Which parasite?

Davy854
03/29/2012, 03:59 PM
another thing has anyone used cuprazin to combat the above parasites

Davy854
03/29/2012, 04:01 PM
i think it is clown fish disease not sure but lost 3 damsels and a clarki clown already

MrTuskfish
03/30/2012, 08:38 AM
i think it is clown fish disease not sure but lost 3 damsels and a clarki clown already

Have you made any attempt to treat these fish in a HT/QT? I'd do some research, identification fish parasites is important stuff to know. Regardless of what it is; I wouldn't get new fish until you have an established QT and are ready to use it. These big fish losses can usually be prevented with a QT.

Re: Your Cuprazin question. I can't comment on a med without knowing what the parasite is. But with this product, I'll make an exception. This stuff claims to do everything; IMO & IME, these products that claim to do it all don't do anything.

If you have any chance of saving your fish; you need to find out what parasite you have and get a HT/QT set up ASAP. If you don't use a QT with all new fish, this is bound to happen again. Can you post a pic? I'd Google "marine Brooklynella", "marine velvet< and "marine ich" Include images and see if you can tell us what you're dealing with. However, if your losing fish fast; it could easily be "clownfish disease" (brooklynella). This is nasty stuff and can quickly wipe out a tank.

There are a lot people here who are wiling to help; but we need a whole lot more from you

jt_milstead
03/30/2012, 08:53 AM
Without a better description, and good pictures i don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you...

Here is a good read about Brooklynells
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/brookynella.html

Here is a good read about Marine Ich.
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/ich.html

If you read these two you will be able to determine which you have in your tank.