PDA

View Full Version : ich now 2 dead

pweezy42
03/30/2012, 10:03 AM
so about 2 weeks ago i noticed ich on my royal gramma and yellow tang, so i started dosing garlic till i was able to get a 29 gallon tank from a friend to set up as a qt. i did a 20 gal water change from my display last Thursday and used the water in the qt and mixed up the other 10 and then added copper. well i finally got my 2 clowns into the tank Monday, the royal Tuesday night and my yellow tang and foxface yesterday with the help of a 2liter trap which worked well. now the bad news is that the royal never made it past the first night, he was the worst of all my fish as he was covered with ich. this morning my small clown was barely hanging on but looked like he had white stringy stuff on him. i should have taken a pic b4 i put him out of his misery but i didnt i was too upset sine my clowns were my first fish. now ive noticed yesterday that my tang and foxface have brown dots on them. man i hope im not fighting a loosing battle here. too top it off i woke up to my coral bandid missing his rear big legg and his big claw. jeez this is aggravating.

Playa-1
03/30/2012, 10:40 AM
Sounds like a nightmare to me. I hope you're able to get it under control. I know from experience that It's a hard lesson to learn. It took me two or three times before I finally caught on. I'm a little hard headed sometimes. From my experience once a solid acclimation and QT program was adopted for my new additions, the nightmare was over. A qt is a pain sometimes but it's nothing like what you're dealing with now.

pweezy42
03/30/2012, 11:16 AM
ya im thinking about getting a lil 10 gallon tank to fit under my stand and use it as my qt tank for new fish once i get this under control. im hoping i dont loose all my fish. the clown im really surprised on since he looked really healthy and just yesterday ate fine but thats just my luck i guess. in my display i still have my scooter blenny, blue mandrin, sixline wrasse and watchmen goby. none of which i have had success catching so im going to let them ride in out in there. also my coral bandit and cleaner shrimp and clean up crew are all in there. this almost makes me want to get rid of everything but again im going to ride it out and see if i can get it under control., ive put too much time and reading into this to give up now

sanchoy
03/30/2012, 01:14 PM
Always qt new fish. I have seen entire tank populations wiped out by diseases. Invest in a nice qt setup. Observe fish for 3-4 weeks before releasing into dt.

Palting
03/30/2012, 01:37 PM
ya im thinking about getting a lil 10 gallon tank to fit under my stand and use it as my qt tank for new fish once i get this under control. im hoping i dont loose all my fish. the clown im really surprised on since he looked really healthy and just yesterday ate fine but thats just my luck i guess. in my display i still have my scooter blenny, blue mandrin, sixline wrasse and watchmen goby. none of which i have had success catching so im going to let them ride in out in there. also my coral bandit and cleaner shrimp and clean up crew are all in there. this almost makes me want to get rid of everything but again im going to ride it out and see if i can get it under control., ive put too much time and reading into this to give up now

I don't want to point out the obvious, but I just want to make sure you know. Ich will host in fish, and unless you get all the fish out of the DT and keep them out for 6-8 weeks, that DT will continue to harbor Ich and allow the Ich to cycle sight unseen. Although the fish you have in there may survive this continuing Ich presence, you run the risk of losing any new fish, particularly another tang, to Ich. You can QT and treat new fish, and treat the fish you already have in QT, but they will only go into a DT that still has Ich. You must get all the fish out. Mandarin may be anexception since they are very resistant to hosting Ich, but I leave it up to you if you want to chance it.

pweezy42
03/30/2012, 07:48 PM
yes im aware but the watchmen is uncatchable, mandrin wont survive and from what i understand either will my scooter correct?

pweezy42
03/30/2012, 09:18 PM
make it 3 dead found my cleaner shrimp munching on my mandrin damn it