PDA

View Full Version : New Apex Controller Not Starting

DrSalty
04/02/2012, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone. I recently received a Neptune Apex Controller as a present and was trying to set it up last night. For some reason, I can't get the display to start up. Reading through the user manuals and looking through this message board, I'm concerned that I received a bad module (the status light is not flashing). I have a yellow light flashing on the power strip. Has anyone had an experience like this and if so, how did you handle it? I'm going to try and contact Neputune Systems tonight. Thanks

aquamanic
04/02/2012, 05:56 PM
Have you been able to setup the controller on your network? If so, don't worry about the display for the moment. Check your firmware version. Also look at the module status page and see if more than one display is declared. And where it shows sw rev, does it say OK or OLD?

DrSalty
04/02/2012, 06:42 PM
I haven't been able to setup the controller on my network - the display is not lighting up.

RussM
04/02/2012, 07:53 PM
It sounds like the Apex firmware is missing or got corrupted. Download the New User Guide (see the sticky at the top of this subforum) and get the latest firmware archive from http://www.neptunesys.com -> Support -> Downloads.

Then, follow the procedure on page 106.

DrSalty
04/02/2012, 09:32 PM
Perhaps I'm just confused, but I haven't even attempted to try to network the module to my router. When I plug in all 3 units (the power strip, module, and display), I am worried that there is a lack of connection between them. The display does not turn on and the status light on the module unit is not flashing even though everything is plugged in. I was under the impression that the status light should flash, even if I haven't tried to network the module to my router, and that the lack of flashing might be due to a defective module. Am I wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RussM
04/03/2012, 05:09 AM
What color is the status light (near the Neptune logo) on the controller itself (the base module) - amber or green?

DrSalty
04/03/2012, 06:06 AM
There is no light on the controller itself when everything is plugged in.

aquamanic
04/03/2012, 07:08 AM
there is no light on the controller itself when everything is plugged in.

doa

RussM
04/03/2012, 07:20 AM
Yep. DOA. Call Neptune or the retailer.

DrSalty
04/03/2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for your help, guys. I was worried about that........Hopefully they will help to fix the situation.