PDA

View Full Version : Resetting ORP Probe to default on an APEX?

ENS
04/02/2012, 08:14 PM
For Ken or Russ or anyone else who might be able to assist.

I had previously calibrated an ORP probe on my APEX, which obviously changes offset values and sets a scale value in the APEX for the probe, which I can see on the web inteface under ORP probe setup page. I need to replace the ORP probe. I read and know that ORP probes are supposed to be factory calibrated and do not generally need to be calibrated like PH and Condx. But merely attaching a new ORP probe will not work properly becuase the prior cailration changed the controller's offset. Other than calibrating the new probe (which is difficult as Quinhydrone Powder is not easy to find and comes in containers almost the cost of a new probe itself), there doesn't seem to be any "reset" ability to change the offset back to factory default -- the boxes for offest and scale are greyed-out and not editable on the web interface for the controller. Anyone know how or have the ability to change theoffset and scale back to factory default to allow a new probe to simply be attached?

Thanks.

aquamanic
04/03/2012, 07:06 AM
There's a way to do it but it's on a menu that is hidden and at the request of Neptune, they don't want the method to access it published (there's other stuff in there that can really trash your controller if misused). I'd call/email Neptune support and ask them. If they're willing to walk you through it, then all is good.

jefftse
04/14/2012, 08:41 AM
I have the same problem. Attached the new probe and only read 0 for 12 hours now

aquamanic
04/14/2012, 06:58 PM
I don't think that's the same problem. The OP wanted to re-use his previous calibration values. I'd start a new thread.

Are you sure you have the probe properly enabled?

jefftse
04/14/2012, 07:01 PM
not sure what proper enable is. I have the orp probe enabled.

ENS
04/15/2012, 01:25 PM
Sounds like your probe is not enabled, versus just attached?

I got my calibration issue resolved. As always, when I emailed Curt directly, he was extremely quick to respond and help - wonderful service and support. It is actually very easy to reset calibration to the default factory calibration without programking or going into menus or data -- simply do the calibration process but with the same tank water for both high/low values and it will reset to default. However, to be able to calibrate in the future if needed, I managed to find and buy a container of the required Quinhydrone Powder.

The smallest Quinhydrone Powder containers comes in is enough to calibrate everyday for 20+yrs ;) I should package small bags/containers of it and sell it of to others for small amount to try to partially recoupe a portion of the cost ... but that is a different thread or frag swap topic.