PDA

View Full Version : High End Nano Skimmers

E.intheC
04/03/2012, 07:33 AM
What's out there regarding the latest and greatest nano sized skimmers?

Thanks

E.intheC
04/03/2012, 11:26 AM
I saw that ATB has a Mikro version but you have to special order them.

The i-Tech 100 would probably be too large for a 25 gallon tank, although it's my favorite skimmer to date.

I couldn't find anything from Warner Marine, vertex, BK, Octo SRO line, Reef Dynamics, Deltec, etc... Lol. I might have to make my own

psidriven
04/03/2012, 02:29 PM
Air driven skimmers seem to be making a come back and theres a few for the nano crowd. Some cool glass ones for that ADA look. ATB, Mame, Glazer, Gnome.

spicytuna
04/03/2012, 09:19 PM
I saw that ATB has a Mikro version but you have to special order them.

The i-Tech 100 would probably be too large for a 25 gallon tank, although it's my favorite skimmer to date.

I couldn't find anything from Warner Marine, vertex, BK, Octo SRO line, Reef Dynamics, Deltec, etc... Lol. I might have to make my own

I'm pretty happy with my bubble magus NAC 3.5 cone skimmer. I acquires it through the owner of I-tech which also happens to be the owner of my LFS. He seemed moderately impressed with the nac 3.5 (although he is a perfectionis when it comes to his skimmer line), he did note one flaw about the neck, but also mentioned he couldn't build a better nano skimmer for anywhere near the price. I beleive you can pick one up under 200. Once broken in and fine tuned, it pulled out a much darker skimmer then my octopus nwb-150 did, on the same water volume. Quality build also.

E.intheC
04/04/2012, 04:28 AM
What pump does the bubble magus skimmer come with? Most are Atmans and I'm not a fan of those pumps.
That's interesting about the owner of i-Tech saying that though.

spicytuna
04/04/2012, 05:57 AM
I beleive it's an atman 1100. Have you had problems with these pumps? Mines been going strong for 2 years with an occasional cleaning and one vinegar bath.

What pump does the bubble magus skimmer come with? Most are Atmans and I'm not a fan of those pumps.
That's interesting about the owner of i-Tech saying that though.

cubsFAN
04/04/2012, 01:01 PM
I'm using a bubble magus 3.5 as well. It's in a 10gal sump on a 33 gallon tank. I also like it and have had no problems with the pump so far. There is a similar model on ebay that are half the price with the same pumps. I'd also like to know about a higher end skimmer, but this is doing the job for now. Only complaints would be the pumps a little noisy and i dont really care for how the neck connects to the cup. I almost went with the swc120, but it has the same pump and costs a little more.

Acropolooza
04/04/2012, 08:55 PM
sc-65

brian cummings
04/05/2012, 12:58 AM
Air driven skimmers seem to be making a come back and theres a few for the nano crowd. Some cool glass ones for that ADA look. ATB, Mame, Glazer, Gnome.

whoa. some of those have me really excited. thanks for sharing, not sure how I missed those on ************!