PDA

View Full Version : Mold inside the aquarium cabinet

cintec
04/03/2012, 01:11 PM
I have mold growing inside my cabinet I'm assuming its because of the evaporation from my sump is there anything I can do to stop get rid of the mold.

I taught about covers what can I use my skimmer would make it difficult as would my drain pipes.

I taught of adding a vent or fan on the back but don't know really what type of fan to add.

what does everyone else do Any help would be appreciated.

jong11
04/03/2012, 01:15 PM
bleach will kill the mold. if you dilute it with water and apply the mixture to a rag, you can wipe down the mold.

i would add a computer fan to the cabinet. have the fan blowing air in. you could use a fan kit from an led lighting supplier as then it would come with a power cord.

All6Fish
04/03/2012, 05:21 PM
I would think and ventilation will help with vaperation build up, catching the mold before it creates to much problem is the trick. Just a thought.

Fishie80
04/03/2012, 06:08 PM
Bleach it...before things get worse...and cut the source of it getting damp.

Saltydrip
04/03/2012, 06:44 PM
I was once told that bleach leaves a film behind that actually excelerates the froth of some molds. Those are the words of a guy who cleans mold for a living. He suggested using something that is for cleaning mold and mildue like lysol. There are products available for each type of mold then your dealing with large scale issues.

Like I said. Those are the words of another man, I have no schooling or experience to back it up. The way I see it though... If you ventilate the cabinet with a small fan and a phew holes in the back to let air in and out. The regrowth of mold is unlikely to happen withought the moisture in the air. Good luck.