PDA

View Full Version : please help my plumbing is leaking

seashark
04/03/2012, 10:39 PM
came home and noticed that my pvs plubing has leaks in couple of places:headwallblue: is there anyting that i can use to stop leaks ? i dont realy want to redo all plumbing
thanks

Playa-1
04/03/2012, 11:06 PM
I'm not aware of any shortcuts on this one. If it's leaking in more then one spot then you may have done something wrong in the process. You might want to revisit your techniques and procedures to make sure that you're on the right track.

seashark
04/03/2012, 11:14 PM
well its wery slow drip on the drain and i used pvc glue but somehow its driping , i was thinking to use epoxy of some sort would that help to stop it?

Playa-1
04/03/2012, 11:32 PM
A wery slow drip can cause a lot of damage. It's best to fix it right. PVC is cheap.

hllywd
04/04/2012, 12:22 PM
well its wery slow drip on the drain and i used pvc glue but somehow its driping , i was thinking to use epoxy of some sort would that help to stop it?

Sure you can try to seal it from the outside, but I personally wouldn't trust it. Are you positive you didn't miss a couple connections when you were gluing? It can happen...

I'd suggest weighing the correct choice here against the "make do" choice. What are the consequences if the "make do" repair fails?

Good luck,
Tim