PDA

View Full Version : skimmer too large and or broken?

ice2fire11
04/04/2012, 05:06 PM
I have a 40l sps dominated set up and for my skimmer i am using an asm g1x w/ gate valve and just recently mesh mod again.
I cant seem to pull anything out with this guy wet or dry. im down to two options, either the skimmer is just too big or im not feeding enough/adding nutrients.

I do run a fuge before the skimmer. I just dont want to start dumping more food as this is what Im hoping is the problem.

My second problem is every now and then the pump freaks out and begins to run very wet, have no idea why. no changes take place before hand. Ill look in the sump and the bubbles are at the top of the collection cup and most of the time the cup is full of water. Im leaning towards the air intake being clogged but as of recently thats been fine as well.

thoughts? thanks in advanced

RotaryGeek
04/04/2012, 07:09 PM
I had the same problem on my 125 with my ASM G3. It would either skim wet or not at all, and sometimes would overflow. What helped me was to replace the O-rings on the top cone peice and then it worked.

ice2fire11
04/04/2012, 08:43 PM
I had the same problem on my 125 with my ASM G3. It would either skim wet or not at all, and sometimes would overflow. What helped me was to replace the O-rings on the top cone peice and then it worked.

I will defiantly try this. Crazy to think that something this small could cause this issue. Was it a big difference ?