PDA

View Full Version : What Could It Be?

reefwisher
04/09/2012, 09:30 AM
My 75 gal fowlr tank had an outbreak of ick a while back. So I QT my kole tang with coppersafe for 9 weeks as well as fallowed the 75 for 9 weeks. It has been 3 weeks now since putting the tang back in as well a labouti wrasse which has been QT with copper safe for 3 1/2 weeks. I started seeing what appears to be ick on the wrasse and velvet on the tang in the evening. Both fish continue to feed great swim naturally (tang constantly picking algae on the glass as well the rocks). I do notice the tang scraping on the sandbed a couple times in the evening but not a constant scraping. I have been using Focus and Metro (SeaChem) in there frozen foods for the last 5 days. I have seen a great improvment in there appitite as well activity and have not seen anymore whitespot or sign of velvet. But the tang still scraping the sand bed, only 1 time in the 20 minutes I watch it. I will continue to use the meds that I am using, but I am curious as to why the tang could have to be scraping? The wrasse has scrape one time in QT and have never seen it scrape again in the 7 weeks I have had him. The tang is scraping from the gill area. Thanks