PDA

View Full Version : Coral banded shrimp feeding

volunteerfan98
04/11/2012, 09:25 AM
Can anyone give me advice on my coral banded shrimp??? When I added my shrimp I had a severe infestation of bristle worms, the main reason I bought the shrimp, and now that he has eradicated them there is only one or two very large worms left in my live rock. But in the beginning I had alot of small bristle worms and the shrimp has taken care of all of them. My question is what to feed the shrimp now?? He will eat flake and pellet food sometimes with my fish but I did catch him feasting on one of my blue leg hermit crabs the other day...everything but one leg and the shell was devoured! Is he lacking in food?? What can I feed him to keep the rest of my crabs safe?? Any helpful info is greatly appreciated..

snorvich
04/11/2012, 09:29 AM
Actually, they can also take small fish. Be aware.

SweetTang
04/11/2012, 09:32 AM
Mine will eat the brine and mysis shrimp that I put in. I also buy table shrimp from the grocery store, cut them up in small bits, freeze them in a ziplock bag and feed them to my anemone and CBS 2-3 times a week. It is pretty entertaining feeding him now. I use chopsticks to deliver the food to him. He now knows when he sees the chopsticks, it means food, and almost meets me at the waters surface for it.

tritonman
04/11/2012, 08:03 PM
I feed my CBS mysis as well. He sees the turkey baster and comes rushing towards it.

MARINECRITTERS
04/11/2012, 08:04 PM
Mine killed my blue spotted jawfish..... be aware

cloak
04/12/2012, 01:10 PM
Mine was a model citizen. I did take the time and feed it every so often though...

(I also had 2 cleaner shrimp & a fire shrimp in a 60 gallon breeder.)