PDA

View Full Version : Ich or something else?

foundnemo11
04/11/2012, 06:54 PM
I came home yesterday and. Y tank was at about 84 degrees it tooka few hours for it to drop down and then dropped to about 75 the followiń mornig. Also yesterday while this was happening i used some ph buffer because my levels were at 7.8 i also used alkalinity. This mornig my tank had white dots all over the glass and on my tang. Not clowns. I assumed it was ich and wen to the lfs n he gave me kordons ich treatment. When i got home i noticed the tang had far fewer dots( approx2 hours) i dosed the tank w kordons and left again to do some work. I came home about 8 hours later and no dots on the tang but still on glass what could this be

bnumair
04/11/2012, 07:49 PM
probably not ich. are fish eating healthy and seem to be active?
kordons is not gonna help any even if it was ich. also u shouldnt medicate ur main tank ever. 7.8 is not too low to worry and adding buffers. just ventilate the area. dots u see could be particales from sand or buffers. ich at its visible state when attaches to a host dont usually drop off in few hrs. and sometimes ich infection is not too harsh and fish can fight/scrub it off.
look for fish not eating, hiding, other fish pushing the tang away, white spots on tangs skin and scratching. also 84 is not too high to do drastic measures. add a few clip on fans on to ur sump. they will vent out co2 buildup and cool tank by 2-5 degrees.

TX..r33f
04/11/2012, 07:53 PM
could be mico bubbles. dod you have any blowing out of the power head or anything like that. they can stick to fish ans look like little white spots

foundnemo11
04/11/2012, 08:33 PM
The dots on the glass had to be rubbed off. and the fish Im not sure. He has been swimming against power heads and acting wierd the past couple days ( skiddish)

But today everything seems to be back to normal. I dont get it. It looked just like ick, not sure if there is any thing else that would replicate this or what. I also dont think ich stays on glass so could what was on the glass somehow got on the tang and only the tang?

bnumair
04/11/2012, 08:43 PM
possible coz tangs lay in rock and on sand at night or while resting, while clowns stay up in the middle to upper levels of the tank. could be ich but like i said before if its mild a healthy well fed fish can fight it off in no time.