PDA

View Full Version : BM Nac-7 issues

Chronicj7
04/13/2012, 01:53 AM
I've had my NAC-7 for about 4 months now and its been nothing but great. I've ran into this issue before and when i took the skimmer out to clean it I noticed the airline was gummed up. I cleaned it, reinstalled it and it worked great again. This time I can't seem to fix the issue.

The skimmer is still producing microbubbles but it seems like there is a lot more water being thrown into the skimmer and not enough air. The more I turn the dial, the higher the water raises and its really not skimming.

I heard about having to replace the mesh wheel but I don't know if thats my problem or where to get the replacement part.

Ideas?

Chronicj7
04/13/2012, 01:17 PM
Ttt

travisw30
04/13/2012, 01:30 PM
I would look in the holes the line goes into on both sides. I have a vertex skimmer and have to clean out salt creep in those holes from time to time....

Chronicj7
04/16/2012, 02:58 PM
How do you go about cleaning it out?

SchnitzelReef
04/16/2012, 03:42 PM
I would take apart your pump. Almost GURANTEE it's a bad mesh wheel. If you plan on keeping it long term upgrade to a needle wheel. Way better and it will never break I had one and it did the same thing when my mesh wheel broke

Sent from my iPhone

Donkeykong
04/16/2012, 03:50 PM
where do you get the needle wheel, I just got a nac6a and want to be prepared for what sounds like the inevitable

Chronicj7
04/16/2012, 09:23 PM
It ended up being the fitting thats at the bottom, attached to the pump inlet clogged with salt creep/calcium. I know that I will need a new mesh wheel at some point but had trouble finding them or the needle wheels.

bad santa
04/16/2012, 09:31 PM
I just replaced the mesh wheel last week on my nac7. The skimmer runs alittle more quieter and pulls out alittle darker skim. The mesh cost me about $35 from my LFS

Chronicj7
04/17/2012, 07:04 PM
Hmm my LFS doesn't carry the mesh wheels. Any online dealers?

Chronicj7
09/24/2012, 05:02 PM
bump

Any ideas? My skimmer just started doing the same thing. I immediately went to the conclusion that the airline has been clogged but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. What would a "bad mesh wheel" look like?

gone fishin
09/24/2012, 05:57 PM
I just got a replacement pump for my NAC77 the North american distributor is Www.seasideaquatics.com/parts hope this helps.

Chronicj7
09/25/2012, 03:30 PM
I ended up going through fish street. I got another mesh wheel and a needle wheel for half the price as so cal or seaside. It may take a couple days longer to get here but I've heard nothing but food things about their service.

Shipping was a fraction of the cost and it's being shipped half way around the world.