View Full Version : 28 led diy setup Help on voltage leak

in92teg
04/13/2012, 12:00 PM
DDC-01 PWM Controller w/ remote control
2 Mean Well ELN-60-48P dimmable drivers
14 Cool White Cree XP-G R5 LEDs
14 Royal Blue Cree XT-E LEDs
mounted on 2- 5.9x16 heatsinks.

I've had the unit for 6-8 months running with only one cooling fan on the left side. Seems like its the heat sink on the right side was getting hotter. Then 4-5 of the leds on the blue string went out on the right side. Funny thing is that the rest of the string is still lit but only 4-5 didn't light up at all. So i've since replaced the bad leds. The problem I'm having is that if I turn everything turns off with out pulling the plug, when i touch the heat sink the blues would all turn on dim. not at full power but still turn on. When i pull the plug, there would be a surge of power where everything blue and whites turns on in a flash and then no power, wont turn on when i touch the heat sink. I short tested all the leds and two of them seems to light up when touching the heatsink. So i removed them and reattached them, but still the same. Any advice would be appreciated.

kcress
04/13/2012, 02:10 PM
You probably have a bad joint.

Please go to this thread and start reading about POST #60. It explains how to completely test a build. It includes nice pictures too.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1973462

in92teg
04/17/2012, 01:09 PM
If all the leds light up when i turn the power on, can it still be a bad joint?