PDA

View Full Version : Vinegar... ???

extra3d
04/16/2012, 09:03 AM
Well guys, me again.. have a ? about vinegar dosing, last week i tried biopellets and had a bacteria bloom and decided to take them off, so i decided to dose vinegar insted, right now my Nitrates are @ 5ppm and my Phosphates are @ 0.1ppm, what would be a good dosing regimem to lower them to maybe NO3 to 1 and PO4 to .06???

Tank info
75 Gallons
Alk 8.6
Ca 420
Mag 1380
PH 8.0, 8.2

Thanks,
Mike

ganjero
04/16/2012, 10:40 AM
What skimmer are you using? If you had bacteria bloom with the pellets you probably put too much in your tank but that still strange since normally you shouldn't get a bacteria bloom with pellets that fast, it takes time to populate the pellets. Did you use a booster of some kind?

Carbon dosing is different for every tank, with vinegar you need to start slowly and with small doses and increase them weekly, test until you achieve your goals and then keep a maintenance dose. Read this article http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-08/nftt/index.php which explains vodka dosing, Vinegar is the same but you need to use 8x the amount of vodka.

extra3d
04/16/2012, 11:25 AM
I had the bloom 3 days after i put them in, and i did not dose anything else.... Hummmm, i use kalk at 1.5 tps / 20ml of vinegar / 1 gal of ro/di... Could that be the cause??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk