PDA

View Full Version : Hair algae growing in my chaeto

jcmjoe
04/17/2012, 08:35 PM
Anybody have Hair Algae grow in there ball of chaeto? It has grown to the point where as my chaeto is completely covered almost and floating? There is no Hair algae in my tank but it is in my refugium. ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates are all at 0, ph is around 8.0 and calcium is 420. I have a 10 hour period on my Fuge with a 65k daylight spectrum CFL bulb and cone reflector. Any idea's. Thanks

TimeConsumer
04/18/2012, 01:27 AM
Anybody have Hair Algae grow in there ball of chaeto? It has grown to the point where as my chaeto is completely covered almost and floating? There is no Hair algae in my tank but it is in my refugium. ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates are all at 0, ph is around 8.0 and calcium is 420. I have a 10 hour period on my Fuge with a 65k daylight spectrum CFL bulb and cone reflector. Any idea's. Thanks

Nope, definitely never had that happen. But I wouldn't say that's a problem. Your fuge is doing exactly what you want it to do, export nutrients. It's just accomplishing that task using a different algae than you planned.

mtc1966
04/18/2012, 05:39 AM
plus one on that . you may also be over feeding.

jcmjoe
04/18/2012, 08:11 PM
Cool, Thanks guys