PDA

View Full Version : sneek peak from Fish Tank Kings

igot2gats
04/18/2012, 09:15 AM
For those real coral lovers, this may not be for you, but definitely different than Tanked.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/first-peek-at-fishtank-kings

sponger0
04/18/2012, 10:21 AM
Definately looks alot more informative than tanked. Maybe this will push them to up their show.

Most people wont care, but information about life as always got my attention.

hoju74
04/18/2012, 10:27 AM
I'm stoked for this show. Previews look more educational than Tanked.

igot2gats
04/18/2012, 10:53 AM
I'm stoked for this show. Previews look more educational than Tanked.

Personally, I don't think Tanked is supposed to be educational too much...more so for entertainment purposes.

FTK def looks like more on the educating viewers, like you said. So, it'll be a good change of pace.'

Either way, I'm a fan of Tanked, and hopefully of this show as well.

hoju74
04/18/2012, 11:47 AM
This episode sounds VERY promising...

Fish Tank Kings: Fish Upon a Star

Saturday, June 9, at 10 p.m. ET/PT

Ben and Francis head out to meet up with a previous client, Max, who is looking for a massive upgrade in a tank — he wants one three to four times the size of his current aquarium. He already maintains a live reef tank, but this time he wants a live coral tank that will be one of the largest residential tanks of its kind in southern Florida. Francis takes Max on a special tour of ORA, the country’s largest coral farm. Then, it’s up to Mat and Ben to take on a new client, former Miami Heat star Alonzo Mourning. Upon arriving at Alonzo’s home, they see he already has an aquarium. The basketball sensation explains that he does in fact want an aquarium, but not for his home — for a youth center he started that helps at-risk youth.

f3honda4me
04/18/2012, 12:47 PM
I like tanked for the entertainment value, and I'll watch this new one too. I just love the hobby.

Johanv
04/18/2012, 01:07 PM
When i lived in Miami i used to go very frequently to all fish emporium, One of the best sw fish sotres in all Miami!

Everyones Hero
04/18/2012, 01:44 PM
Looks like a good show. I think it'll be good to have a show that is actually informative instead of "Just throw lots of money at it & it'll be pretty."

igot2gats
04/18/2012, 02:37 PM
This episode sounds VERY promising...

Fish Tank Kings: Fish Upon a Star

Saturday, June 9, at 10 p.m. ET/PT

Ben and Francis head out to meet up with a previous client, Max, who is looking for a massive upgrade in a tank — he wants one three to four times the size of his current aquarium. He already maintains a live reef tank, but this time he wants a live coral tank that will be one of the largest residential tanks of its kind in southern Florida. Francis takes Max on a special tour of ORA, the country’s largest coral farm. Then, it’s up to Mat and Ben to take on a new client, former Miami Heat star Alonzo Mourning. Upon arriving at Alonzo’s home, they see he already has an aquarium. The basketball sensation explains that he does in fact want an aquarium, but not for his home — for a youth center he started that helps at-risk youth.

Sounds good to me. I love the NBA (although hated Zo as a player), and my birthday is the day before.

Count me in.

Although, sucks it's going to be on Saturday nights it seems, just like Tanked. Granted, I have a dvr, but I don't like to be constantly having to catch up on my shows. I'd rather it during the week M-Th, so that I can watch. Always too much going on during the weekends.

igot2gats
04/18/2012, 02:39 PM
I like tanked for the entertainment value, and I'll watch this new one too. I just love the hobby.

Same here.

kissman
04/18/2012, 04:02 PM
looks like its gonna be good. I hope they don't continue to use fake corals like in the video. I want to watch the show and learn stuff

sponger0
04/18/2012, 04:07 PM
looks like its gonna be good. I hope they don't continue to use fake corals like in the video. I want to watch the show and learn stuff

They will probably use the inserts. Its easier for customers.

If you wanna learn more...well your on the right site for it lol. Read lol

tkeracer619
04/18/2012, 06:31 PM
I find the second video funny.

While the guy knows what real corals look like. He clearly doesn't understand inserts. Once they get algae on them they start to look better. If you start with dull colors you will end up with a structure that has just 1 color. Those neon colors don't last long. Either hes a real PITA or he is putting on a show for the cameras.