PDA

View Full Version : Ocellaris and Purple tip anemone

El Mujadore
04/20/2012, 12:48 AM
Hope you dig it, wait till you see the clown feeding it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzyYY0seb_Q

Ron Reefman
04/20/2012, 04:29 AM
Nice video. I have 2 clowns in a nem tank with 5 or 6 good host quality anemones (including a couple of RBTA) and the clowns would rather live in the purple tipped condy! Two South Pacific clowns living in a Caribbean anemone... it's a small world.

El Mujadore
04/23/2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks. Ha thats funny. Hey you look like you have quite an arsenal of tanks... and lighting combinations. If I post some more vids, if you don't mind, I would love your input on what to add. All I have is LPS and anemone but no MH because I bought the system and it had 2x 400w mH. I think I should go with 2 x 250 watt but again LED spotlights might be the ticket.

Ron Reefman
04/23/2012, 04:57 AM
I sent you a PM. What size is your tank? 400w MH can be great if the tank is big enough (deep) and you have some room over the tank to move them up and down. I just added 3 very old 3w led strips (12 leds/fixture) which just fit across the width of my tank. They may be old, but they sure changed the look of the corals.

El Mujadore
04/27/2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the PM! .. yes the LED coral affect seems premium. Hope to post overall tank spec video soon. I am also writing you back but waiting for video to come online to refer to.