PDA

View Full Version : Power Outage Question

brownie718
04/22/2012, 01:42 PM
While we rarely loose power for a long period of time it does blink of and on occasionally. Today with some nasty weather it happened. It was just off for a few seconds. When the Apex came back up there was not any temperature probe. I went into Probe setting and Temp Probe was disabled.

Is that normal or is there some setting I have to change?

This is not the first time it happened. Once when I unplgged the unit to move some stuff around the same thing occured.

aquamanic
04/22/2012, 03:52 PM
While we rarely loose power for a long period of time it does blink of and on occasionally. Today with some nasty weather it happened.

You should move to Canada...

Is that normal

First time I've ever heard of it. If your firmware is current then that's a strange one. Older firmware (4.01 - 4.04) had some funky things that would happen during power failures but all that has been fixed. I'd test it a couple of time and see if you can reproduce. If you can, then contact Neptune. If not, then chalk it up to sunspots! Also, good time to check your code to make sure your program doesn't do anything crazy if the temp is 0.

GW Shark
04/22/2012, 05:58 PM
Mine does the same thing...when the power goes off the temp probe and the pH probe become disabled, and the pH2 probe becomes enabled. I'm running the most up to date firmware.

brownie718
04/22/2012, 06:26 PM
I also have the most recent firmware. Nothing I can find in code. The last time it happened I was away and got an email
If temp< 75 then on

brownie718
04/23/2012, 07:25 PM
I tried to duplicate the outage today.I Shut off breaker and waited 30 seconds and turned on. Once system rebooted this time Ph probe was disabled. Every time so far ORP which was disabled before outage became enabled when system rebooted. I will forward information to Neptune.

aquamanic
04/24/2012, 07:19 PM
Post back what Curt says about this. I'm curious about what's causing it.

Alan

brownie718
04/25/2012, 01:21 PM
Neptune said they were aware that some people were experiencing this same problem. I was sent a beta version of firmware. The release of the firmware wouldn't be available till middle of next month. I flashed firmware and tripped breaker.. reset it and everything came up fine. I Have to say support was awesome. They answered the email very timely and corrected the problem.

Dave & Monica
04/26/2012, 08:51 AM
I have this version and unfortunately lose power often here in Colorado and can say this has never happened to me.
Firmware version: 4.11_8B11

Landsailor
04/26/2012, 11:33 AM
You should move to Canada...

You must be psychic because I was thinking the exact same thing.