PDA

View Full Version : Any one running Marianland led light

hulklilgt
04/22/2012, 05:11 PM
Has Nyone used the led light from Marianland that you get get a like petco and pet smart? I am looking to see what the keliven spectume of the light is at 300lumens. If anybody knows this I would greatly apperciate it thanks

CHG107
04/22/2012, 08:29 PM
I use the Reef Capable Marineland on my reef tank and am pretty happy with it.

Make sure you buy one that fits the entire length of your tank so that you would not be using the expandable legs.

I currently only have a hairy mushroom, duncan coral, and a few zoas and they are all doing great under the marineland. My duncan coral has grown a new head and my zoas are multiplying very quickly as well. I wouldn't get into any high light demanding corals with it though. I plan on trying a torch coral or branching hammer in the next few weeks and see what these lights can really do. If you are running a fish only any version of the LED's will do just fine either the single or double bright.

I looked around for kelvin and other related information by typing Marineland LED on google before purchasing to see what others experience with these were and what kind of successes they were having. Good luck to you!