PDA

View Full Version : International shipping store

Motish
04/23/2012, 10:51 PM
Hi.
Does anyone know a website that ships corals internationally?
(sorry for posting here and on SPS section. Just didn't know where this subject belongs)

eferna
04/23/2012, 11:43 PM
Depends on where internationally. Im sure your LFS would be able to get the corals in for your. You have to deal with customs and paperwork to import corals internationally.

Motish
04/24/2012, 07:05 AM
... You have to deal with customs and paperwork to import corals internationally.

I wonder if its like that for just one coral...

parrthed
04/24/2012, 08:34 AM
Any coral is subject to the import/export regulations of that country. Most countries recognize the CITES convention and require all CITES regulated species to be documented and cleared to provide tracability, inhibit poaching and regulate collecting. The species must be listed by its scientific name and inspected. Having dealt with this before on some South American armored catfishes I can tell you it is hit and miss. Sometimes they inspect and sometimes they do not, but it becomes a hassle (and expensive) if you are just shipping one or two items. Granted there may be a slight chance that you can slip one or two pieces under the radar but then you would have to get someone to put their reputation on the line by shipping you the livestock. And I fear there could be some serious implications to getting caught.