PDA

View Full Version : Herb Critters tank

Caronte
04/25/2012, 04:59 PM
:spin3:Hi Guys
Currently I have 2 sandless reef tanks, One is 30g display/ 20g sump with corals one feather duster and a Dwarf lionfish (no crabs, shrimp, snails, etc.) and the other is a 10g/2.5g sump with corals and a firefish alone.
I posting this thread because I'm considering to add some herbivore critters to my tank. Specifically I was thinking in a Tuxido Urchin, a Fromia or Linckia seastar (something smaller), a lettuce nudibranch a Bumble Bee snails and an Emerald Crab. I have cero experience with saltwater critters but I have fairly experience in the Freshwater side.
What I want to know is if the Herb critters can feed on seaweeds and other sea veggies supplements (By the way, the Critters are gonna be in a refugium. I know they all are a big thread to my corals) or is better to create a separate system for them and allow some algaes (valonias, hair algaes) and macroalgies to grow in there to fest the Critters? (Far away from my reefs)
The difference between the two is obvious, the refugium is very easy to set up but a separate tank means I need to buy a complete system for them.
Anybody with some experience can help me in this please?
:wave: