PDA

View Full Version : Strange networking problem

theplatypus
04/26/2012, 08:28 AM
I followed the unofficial user guide, setup an account with dyndns, set ddns in my router, forwarded a port, and changed default username and password. Surprisingly everything worked perfectly the first time. I checked via my phone using aqua notes and then with my laptop at work. This morning I open aqua notes and get an authentication error. So idouble check everything the settings in aqua notes and the controller, another authentication error. Next I changed the username and password in aqua notes to the default and it connects Immediately. So I try the default settings with my laptop at an open access point down the street and it connects immediately. The problem is the username and password on the controller arent set to the default. They are a 14 letter username and 25 character password. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Apologies for any grammar or spelling errors posting from phone

RussM
04/26/2012, 09:24 AM
I think one or both of username and password you used are too long. There are limits, but dont recall exactly what they are. There are also some characters that cannot be used.

Use a somewhat shorter username and password. Reboot after changing them.

aquamanic
04/26/2012, 11:50 AM
I agree with Russ and if you search a bit, you'll find a thread where that was the problem and a shorter/simpler UID and PW was the solution.

theplatypus
04/26/2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the responses I'll give it a try when I get home.

theplatypus
04/26/2012, 03:32 PM
It appears that my password was about 10 characters too long. THanks for your help.