PDA

View Full Version : What is the best and most quiet submersible pump?

skinpuppi
04/29/2012, 05:26 PM
I am looking for a quiet pump to put out between 2400-3000 gph. I was looking at the Sicce Syncra 10 HF Aquarium Pump 2500gph and the Tunze Silence PRO Pump 1073.110.

What are your thoughts on those and what other recommendations do you have as far as pumps meeting my parameters?

TheFishTeen
04/29/2012, 05:58 PM
I am looking for a quiet pump to put out between 2400-3000 gph. I was looking at the Sicce Syncra 10 HF Aquarium Pump 2500gph and the Tunze Silence PRO Pump 1073.110.

What are your thoughts on those and what other recommendations do you have as far as pumps meeting my parameters?

Not sure why you want to put that much GPH internally, you would have a lot more options if you drilled your sump and used an external pump.

But both those pumps are great, and although I don't have personal experience with either of them, my best guess based on Tunze's reputation is it will be the better pump. Perhaps someone with actual first hand experience in either pump can chime in.

Euler Kernighan
04/29/2012, 08:53 PM
Not sure why you want to put that much GPH internally, you would have a lot more options if you drilled your sump and used an external pump.

+1 on that. if you decide to give to external pumps a try I do recommend reeflo pumps, the quality is second to none, the support team is amazing and they are very silent.

I have a personal experience with tunze's 1073 it's an excellent pump, very quiet and reliable but I decide to upgrade my system and I chose migrate to reeflo pumps... i'm so satisfied with the result that I'm wondering to migrate the return pump to reeflo as well (previously eheim and at the moment running atb flowstar).

just my .02 cents.